Whats up with Ronda?

I don't think she is mentally stable. She's very emotional and then in the next breath acts all tough and ghetto. I hope it's just the editing of the show that makes her seem like that because I do like watching her fight and I would hate to see her lose her mind and go off the deep end. She is not coming across great in the show and Tate is coming across as very nice and down to earth and normal.

Yeah, i don't understand her newfound thug persona. Not likable at all. I'm amazed at how my attitude towards Ronda and Miesha have totally turned 180...was a Ronda fan and hated Miesha. Now I can't stand Ronda and am routing for Team Tate.

Not much has changed. That's how she's been pretty much since she came up through Strikeforce. You either accept it or you don't.

tuf is getting harder and harder to watch for me...nobody gives a crap about the drama, i literally just wanna see fights, but since tuf doesn't sign prospects but instead just sign people that couldn't get in the ufc because they weren't good enough. They occasionally have prospects..like 1 or 2 every two seasons

lol

The UFC uses shill posters on forums just like sherdog to espouse their company line and propaganda. How many fighters fall victim to the online slandering from these people is anybodies guess. Zuffa better hope the fighters do not catch on to this fact otherwise I can see lawsuits coming their way and rightfully so.

Not sure if you're serious...my opinion has totally changed on Ronda and it's 100% because of how she's acted on this show.

Yeah, i don't understand her newfound thug persona. Not likable at all. I'm amazed at how my attitude towards Ronda and Miesha have totally turned 180...was a Ronda fan and hated Miesha. Now I can't stand Ronda and am routing for Team Tate.

Pretty much the same feeling here.
That Thug shit is very annoying.

No I thought Ronda would have a level head on her shoulders seeing as what shes done with herself since judo. But boy was I wrong. She's a nutcase! I want nothing more now than to see her lose in the UFC.

As grating as Ronda is, I have come to notice that the things that make her so agonizing to watch at times are the exact same things that have made her such an obscene phenom. Her level of athleticism relative to the rest of the WMMA fighters along with her over the top desperation in training and fight preparation are two equally key factors to her success in MMA which has not been since since the mid 90s. She is treating this as a matter of life and death and she is someone whose back is against the wall, particular since she is someone who does not have a lot going for her in general outside of the world of martial arts in general. And there are precious few in WMMA who are treating it like she has - Kaufman and Tate were clearly not training even a fraction as desperately as she was before their fights, which is why they ended up being such embarrassments, especially Kaufman's.

She is the Nick Diaz of WMMA and it may be a helluva a long time, if ever, before we see the GSP of WMMA come along to neutralize her.

As grating as Ronda is, I have come to notice that the things that make her so agonizing to watch at times are the exact same things that have made her such an obscene phenom. She is treating this as a matter of life and death and she is someone whose back is against the wall, particular since she is someone who does not have a lot going for her in general outside of the world of martial arts in general. And there are precious few in WMMA who are treating it like she has - Kaufman and Tate were clearly not training even a fraction as desperately as she was before their fights, which is why they ended up being such embarrassments, especially Kaufman's.

She is the Nick Diaz of WMMA and it may be a helluva a long time, if ever, before we see the GSP of WMMA come along to neutralize her.

The bad thing with that type of mentality is when she loses, how will she cope? Cause you have to accept sooner or later a setback will come and she strikes me as someone who wont cope well with failure

The bad thing with that type of mentality is when she loses, how will she cope? Cause you have to accept sooner or later a setback will come and she strikes me as someone who wont cope well with failure

That is very valid, but I wonder more and more if it may end up being a completely moot point. More and more I do wonder if there is such a thing in MMA as a fighter who is literally 100 % invincible and unbeatable and who no other fighter of any kind in the world can win against and if Rousey actually is that fighter in MMA.

They complain about the drama on the show and then hop onto Sherdog like a sorority group and its all they talk about.

Fuck yeah they do. I tune in for a mix of MMA and drama.

I do laugh at how Ronda has to pose in every shot, and how she struts when she knows the cameras are on her.

She's absolutely nuts. I'll probably be rooting against her for the rest of her career after seeing how dramatic and bitchy she is.

That is very valid, but I wonder more and more if it may end up being a completely moot point. More and more I do wonder if there is such a thing in MMA as a fighter who is literally 100 % invincible and unbeatable and who no other fighter of any kind in the world can win against and if Rousey actually is that fighter in MMA.

naah mma is one of the hardest sports to be invincible. Its one of few sports where your opponent can be worse than you at every aspect and still beat you because of one mistake. Other individual sports you dont lose after one mistake and can recover. There's no such thing as invincible in MMA

"What's UP with Ronda"

Hah, I see what you did there.

I agree with the earlier poster that the things that make her grating and annoying as a coach and person on TV are the things that make her great in MMA at the moment. She's pissed off, me vs the world, high intensity person who trains like there is nothing else in the world.
She also seems very insecure based on the fact she was mad that Michael Phelps didn't talk to her at Olympics, she's always posing and mean mugging the camera and everyone else.

I would wonder about her losing too but I'm sure she lost in Judo before so she has lost in high level sports. I realize MMA is different. If she loses to Tate she's going to go off the deep end though.

Yes, you are only one bro and no one else thinks this, you are indeed the only one

Back