What's up with ONE Championship?? Are the drugs rumours true?

Lol, yea it’s not as honest as an organization that was run by a mafia family, you’re right
If we take into account what our grandfathers did, I'm a commuinst. I'm not btw, so it doesn't matter

How do they launder money? srsly curious.

They have "venture capitalists" invest their dirty money from criminal enterprises. The money is filtered off into the business for expenses then turned into clean money after the influx of cash from events and TV deals. That's why they keep getting "investors" despite losing gobs of money. It's the exact same thing Pride was used for by the Yakuza.

Sage, Mighty Mouse & Eddie.
Sage a decently ranked UFC fighter and the other 2 UFC champs (with DJ being a GOAT).

They all go to ONE and get beat up real bad in their first fights.
DJ was the only 1 of the 3 to win, but even he got beat up unlike UFC.

Now, what is? Sage Northcutt got his face fractured from a single punch. I've seen guys throws bombs in the UFC but such injuries are rare. Do they use different gloves in ONE? Something in the air? What's going on, seriously?

SOrry man, but you are looking for a conspiracy, and I don't see any.
DJ is the only real elite fighter, and he won.
And yes, he got beat,m but didn't Cejudo just beat him as well? So he was coming back from an uncharacteristic loss, into a new promotion, and it obviously this took his tool as well.

Sage was never elite. Heck, I don't think he was ever in the top 10, but am sure as hell he was not top 5.

And Eddie was always a hot/cold guy. A FW in Conor finished him.
So no, I am not surprised he lost as well.

It's about time people realise the divide is not so big. Other promotion has talent and just because someone came from the UFC, it does not mean they will dominate.
Just look at how Bendo fared at Bellator.

Sage a decently ranked UFC fighter and the other 2 UFC champs (with DJ being a GOAT).

Now, what is? Sage Northcutt got his face fractured from a single punch. I've seen guys throws bombs in the UFC but such injuries are rare. Do they use different gloves in ONE? Something in the air? What's going on, seriously?
It doesn't take much power to break somebody's face if you hit them flush.

DJ's opponent looked noticeably heavier, and with no neutral oversight, their so-called hydration/drug testing could be nothing more than lies.
"Neutral oversight"? Commissions exists not in order to clean up sports, but to give an impression of being cleaned up. PETA is frequently hired to oversee Hollywood productions when animals are involved. Turns out PETA is very forgetful when it comes to reporting oversight. There's s mutual dependency. PETA and commissions make Hollywood and sports organizations look good and PETA and commissions get paid.

It’s the propaganda that all the best fighters are in the ufc, such as cm punk.

"Neutral oversight"? Commissions exists not in order to clean up sports, but to give an impression of being cleaned up. PETA is frequently hired to oversee Hollywood productions when animals are involved. Turns out PETA is very forgetful when it comes to reporting oversight. There's s mutual dependency. PETA and commissions make Hollywood and sports organizations look good and PETA and commissions get paid.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is called a false equivalency.

Sage's opponent was wayyyyy more experienced than any of his ufc opponents. I lol'd when the match was first made and look what happened

What I don't get is why some people lament about poor Sage "100% Natty" Northcutt being 'thrown to the wolves' against a more experienced guy who's probably on roids (too). Like, what about the cans Sage beat up early in his career? he had five quick finishes in a row in LFC before coming to UFC, over guys he probably had all the advantages over, where's the pity for them?

It's the fight business, when you sign on the dotted line you have to go in knowing shit like this can happen. People are treating Sage like he's still a kid and shouldnt be in there or like he's the only guy who's suffered an injury.

Between Sage and Cosmo, which of them has a steroid dealer for a dad?

People should pick their excuses better.

Between Sage and Cosmo, which of them has a steroid dealer for a dad?

People should pick their excuses better.
Boom roasted.

Also....from a pure talent perspective they aren't even in the same league. That Alexandre dude is a mother fucker of a striker.

They use concrete on the handwraps in asia, that surprises those westeners there.

giphy.gif

DJ's opponent looked noticeably heavier, and with no neutral oversight, their so-called hydration/drug testing could be nothing more than lies.
You are either stupid as fuck, an UFC shill or a plain troll. I´m still gonna bite...

Johnson was much more muscular than his opponent. LMAO at "looked heavier".. you know weight is measured by scales and not eyes?

Also LMAO if you think that Sage and Eddie are not juicing.

You are either stupid as fuck, an UFC shill or a plain troll. I´m still gonna bite...

Johnson was much more muscular than his opponent. LMAO at "looked heavier".. you know weight is measured by scales and not eyes?

That kid was huge for a Flyweight

I'm not making any claims like some others but....that's a huge flyweight

He was uncle'ing DJ in those scrambles a lot of time

UFC guys moving to One are in a bit of a no-win situation with American fans. Since most of the One fighters aren't known at all in the US the ex-UFC guys are expected to run right through them without any trouble otherwise they're 'exposed'.

A lower body fat percentage does not inherently equate to being heavier, and I know how weight is measure (especially since I compile fighters' cage weight in this thread).

Same torso thickness, but Wakamatsu's are broader/longer:
demetrious-johnson-yuya-wakamatsu-olivier-coste.jpeg

Hips/legs are of similar thickness, but Wakamatsu's are longer:
771904232.webp

The problem with ONE is that they have no neutral oversight, which means no neutral party to verify the legitimacy of ONE's so-called hydrated weigh ins and drug testing. For all we know, they could be making sure that foreign fighters weigh in hydrated and are drug tested, while turning a blind eye to the company's Asian fighters. Or ONE could be collecting samples and inform the fighters that they're being sent to a "WADA lab" when in reality not actually do what they claim. There's no way of knowing because they're self-regulated, unlike the UFC which is overseen by state athletic commissions.

{<huh}
I never even brought them up in my post, let alone speculated on whether or not they were/were not using PEDs.

“People over in North America might think that everyone over in ONE Championship is on the juice. We get drug tested. I got drug tested two times.

“I got tested Saturday at my last weigh-in, and then I got tested right after the fight. [They] took two samples, just like I did with [United States Anti-Doping Agency], and they took it to the [World Anti-Doping Agency] labs.” - Demetrious Johnson

Just starting this year ONE introduced drug testing but I don't think there was any testing prior to 2019.

yeah they on the juice so what

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back