What's up with ONE Championship?? Are the drugs rumours true?

elcj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sage, Mighty Mouse & Eddie.
Sage a decently ranked UFC fighter and the other 2 UFC champs (with DJ being a GOAT).

They all go to ONE and get beat up real bad in their first fights.
DJ was the only 1 of the 3 to win, but even he got beat up unlike UFC.

Now, what is? Sage Northcutt got his face fractured from a single punch. I've seen guys throws bombs in the UFC but such injuries are rare. Do they use different gloves in ONE? Something in the air? What's going on, seriously?

Better fighters.
7KQKlH2.gif

They call it One because you typically get just one fight. MM is the exception

Do they use different gloves in ONE? Something in the air? What's going on, seriously?

It's actually simple.
Due to their weight policy, fighters cannot dehydrate themselves to death and then rehydrate 40-50 pounds back.
That's why DJ is 135, Alvarez is 170, Northcutt is 185.
They fight guys who are talented and feel much better than UFC opponents. UFC fighters are not used to it.

Imagine Alvarez vs Pettis @170...or Alvarez vs RDA @170.
How do you see these fights go?

ufc treats fighters so bad that they basically turn into complete bitches

It could have to do with not having opponents who are pre gassed from weight cuts.

But its probably the PEDs.

Drug rumors? What did I miss?

ONE is definitely some kind of money laundering machine if that's your question, there is probably no promotion in the East that isn't

They use concrete on the handwraps in asia, that surprises those westeners there.

I'm confused by your thread title. You mention drugs but don't go into detail in the body.

The fact of the matter is, ONE does not drug test. So yeah, a lot of those guys are probably on the sauce. The no weight cutting thing is a big deal too. These guys are facing fighters who are probably the same size as them.

The quality of fighters is better than people think, that's why

It's actually simple.
Due to their weight policy, fighters cannot dehydrate themselves to death and then rehydrate 40-50 pounds back.
That's why DJ is 135, Alvarez is 170, Northcutt is 185.
They fight guys who are talented and feel much better than UFC opponents. UFC fighters are not used to it.

Imagine Alvarez vs Pettis @170...or Alvarez vs RDA @170.
How do you see these fights go?
DJ's opponent looked noticeably heavier, and with no neutral oversight, their so-called hydration/drug testing could be nothing more than lies.

over exaggerated rumors. but there are no doubt fighters that have used.
https://www.lowkickmma.com/demetrio...ut-one-championship-weight-cuts-drug-testing/

from Demetrius Johnson:
“People over in North America might think that everyone over in ONE Championship is on the juice. We get drug tested. I got drug tested two times.

“I got tested Saturday at my last weigh-in, and then I got tested right after the fight. [They] took two samples, just like I did with [United States Anti-Doping Agency], and they took it to the [World Anti-Doping Agency] labs.”

I'm confused by your thread title. You mention drugs but don't go into detail in the body.

The fact of the matter is, ONE does not drug test. So yeah, a lot of those guys are probably on the sauce. The no weight cutting thing is a big deal too. These guys are facing fighters who are probably the same size as them.
hes a red eyed sherdog warrior

Sage was ranked?

Sage a decently ranked UFC fighter and the other 2 UFC champs (with DJ being a GOAT).

Now, what is? Sage Northcutt got his face fractured from a single punch. I've seen guys throws bombs in the UFC but such injuries are rare. Do they use different gloves in ONE? Something in the air? What's going on, seriously?

UFC propaganda makes you think UFC has the best fighters.

Many great asian fighters but they dont care to travel all the way to the US and fight for shity US fans who will never remember their names, and for a promotion who rarely set up events in asia. They can stay in asia and gain popularity with their own kind. In the US they will be nobodies like Okami was. In Japan/asia, they can be super stars. Only the dummies leave a gorgeous country in asia to move to fucking new mexico lmao.

Last edited:
Consider the mindset and level of self confidence of fighters going from big show UFC to lesser known ONE FC. Consider whether or not the ONE FC opponents are hungry to prove they aren't lesser competition.

So none of those guys are on PEDS and don't have the ability to use them OP?

DJ's opponent looked noticeably heavier, and with no neutral oversight, their so-called hydration/drug testing could be nothing more than lies.

Actually, DJ told once himself that he cuts quite a lot, and his usual way to get to 125 is by taking a huge shit prior to the weigh ins.

As of ONE's honesty with their policy - true that, they got no governing body.
However, they have one sure goal - not to let ANOTHER fighter to die on their weigh ins. So I assume they DO make sure that this policy works. They're interested in it.

BTW, Timofey Nastyukhin fought in ONE before they declared their weigh in policy - he fought @ 145 and looked like a worm.
The difference, visual and even in body language, was clear.

Lol at Sage being ranked. The UFC was giving him the bottom of the barrel ufc fighters and having a hard time defeating them.

There's 50 to 75 fighters better than him at lw and ww.

timofey-nastyukhin-one-championship-68.jpg

Yeah there's prob a bit of drugs in ONE, doesn't take a genius to figure it out either

Back