What's up with my ear (pictures)

looks like we have us here an infection.... or diformity

either way, if there is something wrong with your ear that is not related towards grappling, i suggest that you ask a doctor and not some grapplers.

DMcKayBJJ said:
Chronic sebaceous cyst in the earlobe, with recent acute exacerbations from trauma, resulting in secondary acute infections...treatment options include full excision or needle aspiration with corticosteroid injection.

Just a guess, though. I agree that you should see a doctor.

Holy shit. you call THAT a guess??? Sounds pretty good though.

Resendiz said:
looks like we have us here an infection.... or diformity

either way, if there is something wrong with your ear that is not related towards grappling, i suggest that you ask a doctor and not some grapplers.

Are you trying to tell me this place's collective opinion isn't as good as going to a real doctor? I won't believe it.

Teknik said:
Holy shit. you call THAT a guess??? Sounds pretty good though.

Go see your doctor and tell him that you did some research on the internet, and that's what you think it is. I wonder what he'll say...

Well i figured i'd update this for informational purposes. My ear lobe actually got much bigger than the picture. It started to look like a marble covered up with skin. I went to the doctor hoping to get it lanced or drained or something. Instead he gave me an anti-biotic for 10 days, and a cream that i had to put on my ear. He told me that it was most likely a hematoma that became infected. I was also told to hold a warm rag on my ear. Well, as we all know, a warm rag gets cold after about 2 mins. So i decided to lay on a heating pad for an hour or so and watch tv. After about 7 days the bottom of my ear lobe started to blister. One morning i woke up to find blood on my neck. When i cleaned the blood off, my ear began to bleed again. So i gave it a little squeeze and a bunch of shit poured out. Dark blood with white shit in it. So i kept squeezing and more stuff came out. I went back to the doc, who was pleased with the results and told me to keep on the creme. As of now, it's almost back to normal.

Teknik said:
Well i figured i'd update this for informational purposes. My ear lobe actually got much bigger than the picture. It started to look like a marble covered up with skin. I went to the doctor hoping to get it lanced or drained or something. Instead he gave me an anti-biotic for 10 days, and a cream that i had to put on my ear. He told me that it was most likely a hematoma that became infected. I was also told to hold a warm rag on my ear. Well, as we all know, a warm rag gets cold after about 2 mins. So i decided to lay on a heating pad for an hour or so and watch tv. After about 7 days the bottom of my ear lobe started to blister. One morning i woke up to find blood on my neck. When i cleaned the blood off, my ear began to bleed again. So i gave it a little squeeze and a bunch of shit poured out. Dark blood with white shit in it. So i kept squeezing and more stuff came out. I went back to the doc, who was pleased with the results and told me to keep on the creme. As of now, it's almost back to normal.

Weird. So did the doc say it had a connection with grappling? Or just a random sort of thing?

random thing probably from the earring or possibly a 'blind' pimple that resulted in a cyst? sounds like the guy with the 'guess' was right

Teknik said:
that shit is nasty

Teknik said:
Ear lobes, yes. You don't see a problem? I'm glad everyone else can see it so i don't think i'm going crazy.
My left ear lobe looks similar to yours. Mine is from having my ear pierced years ago. I haven't had a earring in my ear for years and it still feels funny and will occasionally drain fluid. I hate it and wish that I never had my ear pierced.

Tristram said:
random thing probably from the earring or possibly a 'blind' pimple that resulted in a cyst? sounds like the guy with the 'guess' was right

I never had an earing. That's why the doc was confused.

Teknik said:

The white shit is mainly keratin.
The blood is from previous trauma.
Hopefully the whole cyst capsule came out, or (sorry to tell you this) it MAY come back in the future.
Then again, it may not.
Glad to hear your better either way.
God I love heating pads!

Back