What's up with Holloway? And Calvin Kattar? Make them fight already

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by SalvadorAllende, Oct 18, 2020.

1. SalvadorAllende Yellow Card Yellow Card

Come on!

Max is nowhere to be seen since they tried to push the trilogy and everybody hated it.

Kattar is the darkhorse of the division. 2-0 in 2020 and his last loss was against Zabit in a fight he was clearly turning around.

That is an interesting fight. I think Calvin boxing might be too much for Max and we could potentially see rounds 6-10 of Dustin vs Max 2.

But Max is freaking awesome and until Volk gameplanned the shit out of him he was just running through the FW division.

2. TheMessiah Yellow Card Yellow Card

Next fight Could be KZ vs Holloway. KZ asked for the fight

RockyLockridge likes this.
  3. Only Here for Attachments Stipe Justice Warrior

4. CroCopsLHK Brown Belt

I love that fight

I cant believe I'm saying this though but Holloway needs a break. He is like 1-3 since beating Ortega. Granted he beat Frankie Edgar in a boring fight and arguably beat Volk I don't like the streak Max is on. Is he only gonna fight top 10?

5. Fugitive Pete Blue Belt

Why would KZ get #1 Max Holloway after losing to #2 Brian Ortega handedly? Kattar and Holloway is the fight to make. KZ should get someone like Josh Emmett.

6. svmr_db Green Belt

This. Too many people matchmake just based off what they want to see stylistically. Same people who think Gastelum should fight Costa next.

omawho402 likes this.
  7. Portland8242 Black Belt

I mean Sandhagen got #1 Moraes after losing to #2 Sterling even more handily so it's not like it's something unprecedented.

8. TheMessiah Yellow Card Yellow Card

Holloway isn't gonna get a shot straight away after losing twice to Volk. He might be #1 on paper but we all know there's other guys who are favoured to get a title shot

9. Fugitive Pete Blue Belt

C'mon everyone knows Dana was praying for Moraes to win that fight so he had an excuse to give Moraes the title shot over Aljo.

Still doesn't make much sense why KZ should get a leap in competition after a tough loss. A fight with Emmett makes sense rankings wise as well as Emmett deserving a jump in competition.

Jarrito likes this.
  10. RockyLockridge Silver Belt

because Max needs to take a slower title path. instead of knocking off contenders, he should be fighting high ranked fighters in losers match ups until he leaves the weight class or volk loses the belt.

Trust me the next fight for max is KZ no doubt about it.

11. CC27 Gold Belt

now that Volk/Ortega is done you can do Zabit/Yair, Max/Kattar and maybe zombie/Ige.

Emmett is out with a torn ACL or something so he wont be around for a while.

12. CC27 Gold Belt

Agreed but Emmett is out with a torn ACl or something so he wont be fighting for a while.

So you could give Zombie someone like Ige next, also got Allen/Stephens booked in Nov so zombie could get winner of that. But Yair/Zabit and Max/Kattar should be booked.

13. xP Silver Belt

Whats up with the whole top of the FW division?

Ortega just fought for the first time in 2 years
    Zabit constantly asking for fights but dodging five rounders like Neo
    Yair pulls out of every other fight and fights once per year
    Emmett has the performance of his career but yeets his knee to hell and is out for a while.
    Kattar seems to be willing to fight whoever and is active. good for him.

lots of pull outs. lack of actually making these guys fight each other. division is a mess

14. Grand mahumper White Belt

I don't see a need for it yet. Run it back with zabit. Five rounds. Be a good way to prepare for a title fight. Winner fights volk/ortega winner