What's up with Eddie Alvarez?

He’s still one of the best LW’s ever, I don’t give a Shit if he embarrassed himself against Dustin or not. His resume speaks for itself.

I really (really x10) hope the UFC is not dumb enough to let him walk.
dustin twice and mcgregor. time to go back to bellator

There are several amazing LW fights ahead which probably will shake up the division quite a bit. There are several threads already on actual and fantasy fights.

That's great but...what's up with Alvarez? Haven't heard any update in quite a while. So I'd like to ask you, oh wise forumites, the following:

1) Does anybody know what Eddie's contractual situation is?

2) Assuming he remains in the UFC, what do you see happening? Does he touch gold ever again, who should he fights next, etc.
The issue is that Eddie thinks he's worth more than he is. I personally don't care if he goes back to Bellator or fighting outside the US.

He’s still one of the best LW’s ever, I don’t give a Shit if he embarrassed himself against Dustin or not. His resume speaks for itself.

I really (really x10) hope the UFC is not dumb enough to let him walk.
Lol

His sorry showing against Conor is the single most humiliating beatdown in MMA history

1. Worse than Aldo - Conor because at least Aldo can say he 'got caught'
2. Way worse than Forrest - Silva because at least Forrest was well-liked and didn't talk a boatload of stinky shit beforehand

Why? He belongs in the Top 10. He should end his career as a UFC gate keeper.
he is WAY more valuable to bellator than to the ufc. in the ufc you got tons of LWs and on bellator he can realistically be champ and we could also have chandler eddie 3, it would be a great fight and one of the best fights in bellator history, I believe

He’s just waiting for someone to bring the dog out of him.

Maybe this is harsh... I like to watch his fights

There are great fights here in the UFC for Eddie

There are great fights in Bellator for Eddie

Either way... I'm prolly gonna get to watch him fight for free as he is prolly at a NON PPV headliner/Main card status.

He fights hard and he fights a lot.

If Diaz looses to the Diamond... I would like to see him fight Nate (I know its unlikely)

Eddie embarrassed his division. He should go back to bellator

Yeah! And he should take RDA and Gaethje with him! Those bums!

3o6Zt1UhUkZbFKeNQk.gif

l0HlwjTiPJtFMuZ5C.gif

finishing-gaethje.gif

he can do money fights anywhere
I was referencing the fact that he didn't renegotiate his contract before the conor fight, so he probably isn't that good at money fights

I'd like to see him stay and fight Iaquinta. But the way things arfe ufc is probably letting him walk

He will probably beat Khabib after Conor does....if Khabib shows up either time.

I don't get all the Alvarez hate.. Dude has had some crazy wars and puts it all on the line for us fans, was also the man that ended Gaethjes streak not even a year ago.

He's a solid entertaining fighter and I'd love to see him stay on the roster and make solid $$$ for what is probably the last few years of his mma career.

I'm not exactly an Eddie fan, bit his last 4 or 5 fights have been violence. The UFC better give him another contract.

He needs to leave Mark Henry. Quite possibly the worst coach in all of mma. He literally gives advice to his fighters that lose them the fight/get them knocked out.

I saw Eddie fight Josh Neer in Boston in 2010. He looked incredible. This was during his stretch of dominance and it didn't matter who he was matched up against. I think he was as high as #2 in LW and #10 in Sherdog's P4P rankings at the time. He's slowed down quite a bit since but I'm sure he still has a few good fights left in him.

Last edited:
Still trying to recover from getting perma-humiliated by Conor

Back