Whats up with AJ Agazarm?

There's a difference between being intense and what he was doing. Shoving your opponent at the edge of the mat on a break is not being intense.

Kurt Osiander said it best in one of his interviews.. "just because a guys a black belt doesn't mean that he's a good dude".. that is very true. I have met a couple of jack wagons in my day

I'm never one for "Hey bro let's fight for realz" but I would not have blamed him at all if Karo challenged AJ to step into the cage. If I were Karo my jimmies would have been sent into maximum over rustle.

I thought AJ vs Karo was going to morph into this classic:

It is Ricardo arona.
Sbj trying to divert the issue,

I'm never one for "Hey bro let's fight for realz" but I would not have blamed him at all if Karo challenged AJ to step into the cage. If I were Karo my jimmies would have been sent into maximum over rustle.

Into what cage exactly? Debo's pigeon coup?

I really appreciate all the positive comments regarding my match with Karo. A lot of you are calling this match the most exciting in the history of Metamoris and although I can

After watching him go against Karo tonight in metamoris "underground," I really think this guy is a big time d-bag.

I mean I gave him the benefit of the doubt, for the shit he pulled in the "bjj kumite" a couple years ago, when he swore he didn't verbally tap, and it was clear as day on the video that he did.

But tonight he was repeatedly inconsiderate, unsportsmanlike, and disrespectful to a guy that has been around a lot longer than him, and who has a much more recognizable name. He shoved him, and waived his finger at him
Dikembe Mutombo style after Karo went for sub. If that wasn't enough, he intentionally tried to shove him off the stage.

It was a good matchup, and the guy has serious skill, but his attitude is piss poor, and I can only hope he gets wrecked next time out. He is definitely one of the more hate-able people in bjj.

The finger waiving wasn't bad. Intentionally trying to push him out of bounds multiple times was a little messed up. He also took advantage of the restarts a few times but that was more of the refs fault for letting him get away with it.

well.. ran across this Vagner Rocha interview today

http://www.flabjj.com/#!ADCC-2015-C...ocha-Interview/c12hj/55d485370cf26d4c81de9c61

FLABJJ: A guy that was recently added to your division is AJ Agazarm. You guys had a bit of trash talk going on back in May. Is he someone that you want to face at ADCC?

Vagner: Honestly, the only reason why me and AJ had a little beef is because AJ is a douchebag. He’s the douchebag of jiu jitsu I think. He’s got a chip on his shoulder that doesn’t even belong there. I don’t understand why he thinks he’s God’s gift to this earth when he’s not. Honestly I don’t even know why he was invited. He’s never even come close to winning a trials. He didn’t even do well at this trials (2015 2nd North American Trials). There are so many other guys I could see invited before him that I don’t see why he is there. But, again, I’m not the committee, I don’t make those decisions. If they placed me and him first it would be a good warmup round for me because it would be about the 6th time I have beat him. I wouldn’t complain, I’ll tell you that much. I would be happy if they placed me and him first round. I bet he wouldn’t be happy, but I would be fine because I know what to expect.

FLABJJ: What was the story behind the back and forth between you two?

Vagner: He was the guy who was doing the commentary at the ADCC Trials here and he competed at the trials. Him and his brothers were doing the video and the commentating for the internet feed, I guess. One of my good students for years was sitting at the table where they were doing the filming of the final fight and he was on the microphone talking and he gave the guy who I fought in the finals, Magid Hage, he was listing his credentials and saying, this guy is amazing, this that the other…and then he turned and said, and Vagner Rocha, well, he’s not really known for much. And what got me on that comment was the fact that I have beaten him 6 times and pretty easily, you know. The only think he could say was that I wasn’t really known for much. I have won 2 trials, fought in the UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator. I have competed in ADCC prior to him. I have won Pan Ams. I have won Worlds. How are you going to say I’m not really known for much? You can say anything…I really don’t know his credentials but I know he’s been around for a long time, he could say anything and it wouldn’t bother me. But for him to say I wasn’t known for much made me want to post, well, if I’m not known for much, at least I’m known for whooping your ass. And I did. I whooped his ass I think 5 times, and of the 5 times I think 4 I tapped him, and he’s hard to tap. That was the backbone to the story. He’s a little prick, he’s always been a little prick. He’s a Florida guy and he’s been in Florida, you know, he grew up here. We were blue belts together, purple belts together, and then they held him at purple belt for like 5 years and I got my black belt and he was still at purple belt. He was saying that I beat him when he was a lower belt. He was a brown belt, I was a black belt, and we were doing no gi. Where does the belt play in there? Honestly, like I said, I think he’s just a douchebag. I don’t know if you watched there was a competition this weekend (Metamoris Undergound) and some of his antics, you know, he’s an a-hole. He’s got a lot of followers, so power to him. If I get to smash him it would be a good day for me.

The finger waiving wasn't bad. Intentionally trying to push him out of bounds multiple times was a little messed up. He also took advantage of the restarts a few times but that was more of the refs fault for letting him get away with it.

Is it like WWF where if you keep the other guy outside of the mat for 20 seconds you win? If so, it seems like a viable strategy to win.

Yea he is a little douchey but honestly I dont care. It seems like in modern bjj everyone wants to be in love with their opponent and it almost gets over the top (bracket close outs make me wanna vomit). Nothing wrong with showing respect but its supposed to be a combat sport. In a match you are out there trying to rip off a limb or choke a guy out, not be their best friend. Anything that brings out some more competitiveness into a match is great as far as im concerned.

I have to say I agree with Vagner about AJ not really deserving an ADCC invite. He lost in the second round of the last ADCC and the match he won was one of the most boring matches of the tournament, and I don't think he's done anything since then to earn a spot

Back