what's this move called?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
When I was a kid I saw the original rock, Don muraco, do what I thought was a really cool move. But I've never seen anyone do it since, and I don't even remember who he was facing so it makes it difficult to find a clip.

So I will try to describe the move.

So Don's opponent is stunned, and Don holds him up by the hair with one hand, while he climbs the turnbuckle.

So now don is on top of the turnbuckle and the other guy is standing up on the canvas facing Don and Don still has got him by the hair.

Then don puts his own knee against the guys face. This is not a knee strike. But more gently positioning the dudes face so it's touching Don's knee.

Then while holding the guys face against his knee, Don jumps off the turnbuckle towards the opponent. The opponent lands on his back, and his head is squished between the canvas and Don's knee.

Anyone ever seen that move? Are there any clips of people doing it?

When I was a kid I saw the original rock, Don muraco, do what I thought was a really cool move. But I've never seen anyone do it since, and I don't even remember who he was facing so it makes it difficult to find a clip.

So Don's opponent is stunned, and Don holds him up by the hair with one hand, while he climbs the turnbuckle.

So now don is on top of the turnbuckle and the other guy is standing up on the canvas facing Don and Don still has got him by the hair.

Then don puts his own knee against the guys face. This is not a knee strike. But more gently positioning the dudes face so it's touching Don's knee.

Then while holding the guys face against his knee, Don jumps off the turnbuckle towards the opponent. The opponent lands on his back, and his head is squished between the canvas and Don's knee.

I think Bret Hart did a variation of this

Still looking. In the meantime here's a move that can basically only be described as a flying dick kiss by Muraco on Orton jr.

@RollSonnenRoll im pretty sure the second half of the iron man match help this guy out (but knee on back head not face)

Closest thing I've found so farvideotogif_2019.07.08_13.13.04.gif

Old mid Atlantic

You looking for a specific wrestler?

It's a knee drop btw...

It is an inverted version of a move Dick Murdoch used to love, the Calf Branding. The basic Calf Branding is essentially a top-rope kneedrop bulldog. The move you described would therefore be a top-rope inverted kneedrop bulldog. Just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it.

Closest thing I've found so farView attachment 613157
Yes!!! It's just like that except the knee was in the guys face and not the back of the head. And of course don muraco executed it much more cleanly. Looked like a brutal move and I always wondered if I never saw it again because it was dangerous.

Yes!!! It's just like that except the knee was in the guys face and not the back of the head. And of course don muraco executed it much more cleanly. Looked like a brutal move and I always wondered if I never saw it again because it was dangerous.

Search turnbuckle knee drop

30 minutes and 15 seconds on the clock
Of the HBK Bret Hart iron man match

Here;s Bob Orton Jr. doing it:

Thank you! That's the move. I'm going to try to find the Bret Hart one too. Would be cool to see if the excellence of execution executed it well.

Wonder why the move is so rare? I like it.

Back