whats this mir curse

WA2OOO

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Whats this mir curse im hearing about

everyone who beats mir loses their next fight.

or something like that.

Meh it didn't work out that way for Brock. Then again when he and Carwin fought the last win for both had been Mir, so that must have sent the curse gods into super nutso overdrive.

Sort of like the Madden Curse. At least that is what I think it is. If you dont know who Madden is, then just forget it. It is a curse, that is about it.

Meh it didn't work out that way for Brock.

But it DID work that way for Brock's opponent, Shane Carwin. His last opponent was also Frank Mir, so one of them was guaranteed to "get around" the curse.

I know you tried to say it in your post, but it really wasn't clear, so i'm spelling it out.

Anyway, the stats:
Mir has lost 6 times.

Ian Freeman beat Mir, then lost to Arlovski in his next fight.
Marcio Cruz beat Mir, then lost two straight, to Monson and Arlovski.
Brandon Vera beat Mir, then lost two straight, to Timmeh and Werdum.
Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin beat Mir, then fought each other. Brock won, and Carwin lost.
------Carwin lost two straight, to Lesnar and Dos Santos
------Lesnar lost his next two fights after the "push," to Velasquez and Overeem.

Junior Dos Santos beat Mir, then lost to Cain Velasquez this past weekend.

5 losses, and the one win came in a fight where both fighters had just beaten Mir. Only the first fighter (Freeman), avoided losing two straight, though Dos Santos hasn't fought twice since beating Mir.

Verdict: 5 out of 6 is a coincidence. If it happens 3 more times at least, it can become a curse.

Last edited:
But it DID work that way for Brock's opponent, Shane Carwin. His last opponent was also Frank Mir, so one of them was guaranteed to "get around" the curse.

I know you tried to say it in your post, but it really wasn't clear, so i'm spelling it out.

Thanks it is what I was trying to say, but just like one of them was guaranteed to get around the curse the other was guaranteed to break it. That's where I was saying that the curse lovers probably went into super overdrive. Guessing they pointed out that Carwin beat him more recently so the curse was fresher with him or some insanity.

It's something that is connected to illuminati and the Skull and Bones society. It's above us all

plus even though brock defended the title after beating mir, he still got his ass kicked by carwin, in spite of getting the W. interesting curse, certainly something to be explored!

Then again, when Frank loses he loses badly, making his opponents look better than they are, perhaps.

It's just another excuse people came up with to help them feel better about Dos Santos losing to Velasquez.

It's real.
The point is don't fuck with Mir. You just can't win.

plus even though brock defended the title after beating mir, he still got his ass kicked by carwin, in spite of getting the W. interesting curse, certainly something to be explored!

Then again, when Frank loses he loses badly, making his opponents look better than they are, perhaps.

Ha ha so the curse affected Brock because he got beaten up yet still one defeating said curse? All kidding aside I love it. This is how we keep the curse theorists going.

Meh it didn't work out that way for Brock. Then again when he and Carwin fought the last win for both had been Mir, so that must have sent the curse gods into super nutso overdrive.
Carwin lost, Brock was exposed and lost his next 2 fights - curse did the best it could!

It's something that is connected to illuminati and the Skull and Bones society. It's above us all

This post has been flagged by the FBI. You chose the wrong trigger words son. Watch your back.

You're going to get sacrificed at bohemian grove bro, just sayin'

Ha ha so the curse affected Brock because he got beaten up yet still one defeating said curse? All kidding aside I love it. This is how we keep the curse theorists going.

it was just a thought, obviously the thread is kind of a joke.

It's that Mir either gets a highlight reel win or gets knocked the fuck out

The only Frank Mir curse is the one he permanently left on Big Nog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back