What's there to do in Toronto? Torontonians GTFIH

Prepare to experience greatness, Canada is the greatest country in the world!

Visit Oshawa, the most beautiful city in the northern hemisphere.

Quebec dude, a must visit.
I've been to quebec 8 million times. I had a gf there. It rules. I'll probably head there for a day or two after toronto.

Crocodile Rock is a good bar for young people.

Wait - wut? That was a cougar bar when I was in University -- and I'm older than dirt.

Brunswick House in the annex.

I took my kids to Tilt (when it was still at Bathurst and Bloor) and the Brunny is no more. It's a Rexall (pharmacy) from what i could tell.

Still remember rose and Diamond 'Lil, belting out those bar room songs.

If you flesh out your list I can help more.

Big difference between someone who likes a cheap pub and someone who likes a 'place to be seen nightclub'.

Toronto is like a smaller New York on 1/10th scale. Great restaurants, good theatre, nice neighborhoods to get out to, lots of live venues. You want it, you can find it.

But most people who go stick to just the downtown core which is the business district which would be like visiting NYC but sticking only to Wall Street or Time Square. They never go out to any of the neighborhoods.

Anyway as someone said the ROM and Ontario Science Centre are pretty cool. Don't know why but some people love the Bata Shoe Museum.

The CN Tower Edge Walk is worth doing once and might as well take in the views and grab a cocktail at their restaurant (I would not eat there, just grab a drink)

Places to walk around if temps allow:

- Kensington Market, quirky open air farmers and shops
- The Distillery District, pop in to my favorite micro brew pub Mill Street Brewery. If you are lucky and get good weather hit the patios there
- Yorkville, once Toronto's best place to bump into a celeb like George Clooney or many others, it is a few very walking friendly streets packed with high end shops. With it no longer hosting TIFF (Toronto Film Festival) . Some great restaurants. If you get patio weather and like sushi hit Kaso Moto. (tie this in with ROM visit since they next door)

If you like Improv Comedy there is always the world famous Second City.

If you like cocktail bars, speakeasy bars and or lounges

- The Cloak bar - Speakeasy
- Reservoir Lounge - my favorite live music lounge in the city
- Bar Raval and its sister restaurant/bar Bar Isabel are two great spots in two cool neighborhoods, (Little Italy and Ossington)
- House on Parliament - is a popular pub in the Cabbage-town neighbourhood

that should get you going.

I will keep this bar list in mind. I grew up in Toronto but left 20+ yrs ago for grad school/post doc and work.

I'll say one thing about your list; the Ontario Science centre is for little kids. I took my 15 and 13 yr old there while visiting my parents and they were almost too old for it. They also had an exhibit about quantum mechanics that had some political ideology bullshit about how white men were excluding other races and women from the Solvay meeting. I was shocked.

you'll be just in tine to watch the leafs get eliminated in the first round

Wait - wut? That was a cougar bar when I was in University -- and I'm older than dirt.

I took my kids to Tilt (when it was still at Bathurst and Bloor) and the Brunny is no more. It's a Rexall (pharmacy) from what i could tell.

Still remember rose and Diamond 'Lil, belting out those bar room songs.

Oh fuck, is It gone? God damn it I had some great times up there. Yeah google says it’s gone too. Fuck I didn’t even know

Croc Rock has a lot of Ryerson students go there now I think. I was there a year ago and it was all early 20s people

Oh fuck, is It gone? God damn it I had some great times up there. Yeah google says it’s gone too. Fuck I didn’t even know

Croc Rock has a lot of Ryerson students go there now I think. I was there a year ago and it was all early 20s people

Brunny has been closed for about 3 yrs.

My favorite part of Toronto was the strip clubs. Girls were hot and NICE. I get why people say the soulless thing, but you can def find fun things to do.

Back