What's the worst excuse for a loss?

Blaming your outfit is about as bad as it gets.

"My legs were shot because I wore a stupid looking 40 lbs costume to the ring"

At what point did he look in the mirror and think "I wanna dress up like Sauron for the biggest night of my life".

His coach didn't think to let him know it was a bad idea?
It was to honor BHM, and black people HAVE to remind you they're black.

Good post. There are valid excuses like when someone gets super sick just before the fight but take the fight not to disappoint the fans or let everyone down. However it's only understood if it's someone else that releases that info. If you take the fight and then cry afterwards then it's on the fighter. You didn't have to fight.

Whattup fellow Veteran, and to add to that what about the 2 month long bush trips with almost no sleep, ration packs (Aussie ones were fucking gross, the MRE's you guys have aren't bad), prickly heat and other rashes, 40 degree heat and every sort of bug all over you. Leeches and torrential rain in the jungle. Sand and wind in the desert. Add all those things and we would lose 10 kgs be under nourished and yet NO one would complain.

I have seen little girls who weigh 55kgs pack march 15kms with 20kg. They also probably tapped pridejitzoo.

ya....that excuse is really really bad...their are moms that carry around kids on those pockets on their shirts...they might not weigh 40lbs, but probably over 20...and these are little women...they're walking through the mall for hours...wilder is a big strong professional athlete...and his legs are gassed from walking to the ring with 40lbs on?

McGregor's post-Khabib instagram post. You're getting ragdolled and you call it 'not engaging'. Patheitc.

Except Fedor didn’t say that, someone else did.
So it’s not his excuse.

Regardless it came from his camp. Fedor became stupidly religious and had a few fights where he absolutely needed his Rasputin lookalike preacher ring side. His team didn't just make that shit up on the spot.

Still can't believe Wilder said that, worst PR mistake ever, its beyond embarrassing and pathetic.

I shouldn’t respond to DeOntay’s trolling, but carrying 40 pounds 100 yards across flat ground shouldn’t have an effect on anyone, let alone a 6’6” HW.

ZYBEAY6MCBDKZJLSG3GQ3HWWJY.jpg

can anyone explain to what in the hell this has to do with black history month? i thought he was auditioning for a part in the next lord of the rings film.

ZYBEAY6MCBDKZJLSG3GQ3HWWJY.jpg

can anyone explain to what in the hell this has to do with black history month? i thought he was auditioning for a part in the next lord of the rings film.

Sauron was black you racist

Good post. There are valid excuses like when someone gets super sick just before the fight but take the fight not to disappoint the fans or let everyone down. However it's only understood if it's someone else that releases that info. If you take the fight and then cry afterwards then it's on the fighter. You didn't have to fight.

Precisely, if you get sick either pull out or push forward and shut up about it. Is has to be this way because otherwise you are setting everything up in your favour no matter the outcome of the fight:
a) If you fight and win, you get to brag about how your opponent couldn't even defeat you in that state.
b) If you fight and lose, you get the excuse

There is a c) scenario that I don't think has ever happened, which would be to publicly announce your problem ahead of the fight and let your opponent decide if he wants to go ahead or postpone it, but that would be even more ridiculous because no one would accept that fight, so you would be simply forcing the opponent to make the decision to cancel for you (which is also very cheap).

Well the Fedor hypnosis one sounds out of this world.

But if not I'd say this one is the worst I've heard.

The most annoying part is when they immediately say "But no excuses I'm a warrior" after making excuses.

Back