Whats the word on Shane Carwin?

I thought he was retired before the announced the Nelson fight. I think this only confirms that now.

Tough as nails, massive punching power, I used to enjoy his fights but I dont see him returning. Not at his age, with injuries like this.

I was really looking forward to seeing Carwin fight again and the fight with Nelson would have been all out war.

Unfortunately I think the word on Carwin is done, which is unfortunate because I think the guy could've been a real force at HW if he got into the game a few years earlier. It's just so tough at that size and age to come back from serious injuries like the ones he's gone through. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

IDK, but I hope he comes back!

A fight with Roy or Bigfoot would be sublime. I'd even be pumped to see him fight Werdum, Barry, Kongo, Duffee, or Browne. Really anyone except Nog. Just come back dammit!

he's got a couple more paydays in him.

carwin vs. arlovski would be interesting

Arlovski after the fight....

the-many-looks-of-the-vampire-20090.jpg

I'd like to see him go against Big Nog or Werdum if he ever comes back, but I don't think that is ever going to happen

its a shame, Carwin in beast mode was one of the most amazing things to watch, he charged like a bull and hit like cinder blocks

Good fighter, i hope watching him again, there are some interesting matchups for him on HW...

Carwin never was the same after losing to Brock. He has shrunken in size the most out of any fighter in the UFC. It would have been great to see big prime Carwin vs JDS.

He could probably fight at LHW he has gotten so small.

Too many surgeries. If there was one thing that was guaranteed about the last season of TUF, it was there was no chance Nelson v. Carwin would happen.

its a shame, Carwin in beast mode was one of the most amazing things to watch, he charged like a bull and hit like cinder blocks

Yep, loved watching the bloke, you knew he was going to throw down every time. Didn't have a lot of technique as a puncher but absolutely had bucketloads of power! And even in his loss against JDS he showed a lot of heart, got beaten up bad but hung in there and did get him down briefly.

Back