Whats the word on Shane Carwin?

yonski

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know he pulled outta the fight with Roy Nelson due to injury whens he supposed to be back in the octagon?

Hes basically retired... or will be soon.

Old and multiple serious injuries

Too many injuries. Really sucks, he still had a couple of fights left in him

Too many injuries. Really sucks, he still had a couple of fights left in him

Indeed. Would still have liked to see him versus Nelson myself. Would've been some other nice fights as well indeed, Carwin vs Werdum perhaps. Then again, it could be that we see him return to action still?

Shane will be down to 220lb's by the time he gets in the octagon again.

I'm leaning towards wanting to see him retire. He's only getting older and he's been out for a while. He might have a tough time when he comes back, plus I think the beating JDS gave him will linger until he's 80 ... which is only a couple of years from now :icon_lol:

The dude is strong, pure power in the cage. But it also seems like he's kind of too fragile to compete consistently at this point. You don't rebound from injuries in your late 30s the same way you do in your 20s. And he's had a lot of them. Hoping to see him make another run though. I would love to see what he could do against guys like Cormier, Barnett, and Bigfoot.

Shane hasnt made any decision yet but I dont know if we'll ever see him again.

When he injured his knee he said it wasnt really bad and that he could fight again by Feb/march.

Then he probably told himself : Dude, really?

I personally wish he could take another fight vs a guy like Kongo who himself is on the down slope...to see how it would end, and take a decision afterward.

I'd like to see him fight Nelson or Kongo. Maybe Nog/Werdum loser. He's one of the fighters that could end a fight at any given time, and I enjoyed watching him fight. Damn shame he got injured again.

I'd like to see him fight Nelson or Kongo. Maybe Nog/Werdum loser. He's one of the fighters that could end a fight at any given time, and I enjoyed watching him fight. Damn shame he got injured again.

The fight with Nelson is a must if he comes back!

The fight with Nelson is a must if he comes back!

4 guarantees if they fight:

1. They will beat the hell out of each other.
2. They will both gas.
3. The fight will go the distance because both are too tough to finish on the feet.
4. It will be awesome.

Back