Whats the UFC have to do to grow in popularity?

They need to consolidate existing markets before taking a scatter gun approach to new territories.

This should include:

-Better cards in Australia and Canada where they can definitely carve out a loyal following
-Bigger and more frequent events in the Eurozone area. I know the UFC has a bunch of English execs, but I'm wondering whether they've already reach the zenith point in the UK market. Outside of rugby, football and cricket, there's not a lot of the pie left.

China is currently a pipe dream and they should forget about forcing down a product that has no demand. They should let the local promotions grow and mature before considering entering again. I've seen countless number of foreign ventures that come in thinking they can make easy money but crashing badly because this, that or the other. It's no longer an easy money to crack and it's a good thing the UFC didn't put all their efforts into China.

-Nude ring girls.
-Celebrity vs Celebrity mma bouts.
-Open weight tourney.
-Rehire Stitch
-Nude ring girls.
-Nude ring girls.

Nude wmma? Lol. Probably want to be selective on the participants though.

Simple! Start making big name fighters get in the octagon more regularly. The frequency of some uninjured fighters is a complete joke! If a champ cannot make a title defense within 6 months (and that is only because of injury, 4 months maximum uninjured) then he should lose his title by forfeiture! No more interim titles. He should have to regain it by fighting for it!
They need to cut down the number of events also, they just do not have the volume of talent to make that many shows appealing enough.

Allow knees to the head on downed opponents, up kicks on downed opponents, 12 to 6 elbows and football/soccer kicks.

despite what every other moron on sherdog says: more cards and more fights.

tl dr but to answer the question in the op,

they could start by not having the president tell off fans on social media.

Simple! Start making big name fighters get in the octagon more regularly. The frequency of some uninjured fighters is a complete joke! If a champ cannot make a title defense within 6 months (and that is only because of injury, 4 months maximum uninjured) then he should lose his title by forfeiture! No more interim titles. He should have to regain it by fighting for it!
They need to cut down the number of events also, they just do not have the volume of talent to make that many shows appealing enough.
Champs need to fight more but UFC has to promote fewer shows???

Think of how those two things are related to each other then ask yourself, "does this really make sense?"

Stop being full-contact fighting inside a cage.

The truth is, many many people don't like watching dudes fight.

The sport has peaked. If you like it, you know its happening, you watch.

You don't like dudes brutalising each other inside a cage? Youll never be a fan.

This is the peak.

Its all about retention now.

tl dr but to answer the question in the op,

they could start by not having the president tell off fans on social media.

He's just bonding with his goofs.

It will grow but not much. That's Combat Sports for you. It will always have a following but to surpass established popular team sports, i am sorry but it's not going to happen. The future is to expand overseas. I think it has reached it's full potential in North America. The UFC has done really well in Europe and there is still room for growth. Asian expansion is getting better but there is still room to grow.

more celebrity fighters and freakshow fights

celebrity fighters meaning peoplle like conor, ronda and brock who can transcend the sport and appeal to non-UFC fans

you have to realize most sports fans only watch teams theyre a fan of

Just bring back the pride's rules and stop protecting the american wrestlers

I really think bring in someone to replace Dana. He's brought it this far but I think with his trash attitude and tantrums he's kind of topped out on how far HE can take it.

Back