whats the real reason for the dana hate in Big Country?

He calls him AGAIN dumb as a rock when he picks the better team, wins more fights, wins the tuf contract with his guy, won tuf himself, even though fat trains smart enough to NEVER pull out of a fight injured, and beats Meathead by luring him into expecting an over hand right but instead sneaking an upper cut followed by a three punch combo....he absolutely own3d the entire situation start to end and is a finisher to boot.....therefore since he cant be as dumb as Dana lets on ( whats that make carwin) there must be some other reason.....I suspect he is not easily controlled and speaks his mind traits we ALL know Dana cant appreciate. ..

it's not that complicated. He complains a lot. He talks a lot of shit. He comes up with these weird conspiracy theories all the time.

And he does a lot of DUMB things; yes guess what? just because some things you do work out, doesn't mean you couldn't have done things a lot smarter; and occassionally being smart, doesn't mean you're not dumb most of the time.

Just off the top of my head: It has to drive dana crazy that Roy seems to have a lot of potential that he doesn't use. Yeah he may get some wins now and then but he could be a LOT better.

If he really trained smart, (or SMARTER) he could potentially be LHW champion. If he'd just diet and get rid of that fight, he could make 205, and if he trained with more coaches and professionals instead of training himself or whatever he does---or used to---he could've been a champion by now.

he usually has very sloppy, bad gameplans. He usually doesn't use much technique (just throws that right hand over and over) he could've done both differently for a long time and his career could be totally different.

people talk about how bj penn is wasted potential and how he could've been so much better, well I think people have no idea how much wasted potential roy nelson is. He's a guy that for the longest time trained HIMSELF and fights at hw with a huge gut when he could easily be fighting at 205, and he still manages to last 3 rounds with Junior Dos Santos and Fabricio Werdum, and Frank Mir.

He could be so much better

Roy doesn't care about anything Dana has to say and doesn't care about his bullshit. He's a fighter and he's not going to kiss Dana's ass. And Dana hates that of course. Because he's mentally stuck at the age of 12.

An underachiever like Roy is no doubt bad for UFC's image.
The guy is a unique individual, but is also kind of a freak of nature and UFC is really not into promoting freak shows.
I mean, come on, it's hard to look at Roy Nelson as a motivational tool to train.
During TUF, most of his team hated him and wished they were on Carwin's team.
His attitude was too laid back and as a teacher he sucked.
Let's face it, he might be a great fighter but he's not exactly the kind of guy wannabe UFC fighter's will poster on their wall.

Dana acts like he hates Roy, because Dana likes to pretend he doesn't like his fat guy ugly hair image. Truth be told Dana loves Roy, because fans love Roy and fans make that money.

i really dont think roy is as big of a pay day for dana as half of the other fighters in the ufc. roy doesnt seem to have a big fan base these days. he is entertaining to watch in the ring but annoying in every interview he does. i really dont think dana likes nelson.

There are and have been other fat guys on the roster like Tuscherer, McCully, Buentello and Hunt. Those guys don't get the same lecturing as Roy gets from Dana. They also don't openly voice their controversial UFC/Dana related opinions.

dana must love roy, roy comes to fight, he has fans, he stands out, knocks guys out, says controversial/funny stuff. what else could you ask for? All this talk about hating him only helps roy get more fans I think. I'm a fan too.

he needs to watch out though when talking bad about the ufc and fighter's pay.

Does anybody have that old picture of young roy with his (karate?) team. I liked that one but can't find it anymore.

Roy is not a company man, he doesn't play the game the way Dana wants him to.Twitter wars with your boss are not good for your career. Roy takes his schtick too far, I've always liked the guy but even at that I'd like to see him groom himself some. That beard and hair are repulsive.

The hair cut and the beard are awesome, his image is a bigger selling point then his fighting skills themselves.

There are and have been other fat guys on the roster like Tuscherer, McCully, Buentello and Hunt. Those guys don't get the same lecturing as Roy gets from Dana. They also don't openly voice their controversial UFC/Dana related opinions.

None of those are really short fat guys though. Every "fat" guy you named is fat looking all over his body, while Roy just has this big gut and everyone else he looks fine.

He literally looks like a LHW that got pregnant. Those others are taller and heavier all over so they could most likely never make 205

To generate interest like you making this thread.

It's working.

knock out their champions roy! knock em all out.

None of those are really short fat guys though. Every "fat" guy you named is fat looking all over his body, while Roy just has this big gut and everyone else he looks fine.

He literally looks like a LHW that got pregnant. Those others are taller and heavier all over so they could most likely never make 205

true, good point.

roy attended one of dana's boxercise classes back in the day, wasnt impressed, and muscled dana for his lunch money.

dana's students were present when roy shook dana down for his lunch money, and capow--feud/hate started.

on some level, dana blames himself for roy being fat, and often thinks that if he hadnt taken lunch money that day, roy couldnt have muscled it away from him, and wouldnt have been able to buy that bag of chips that started the slippery slope into roy's weight gain journey.

its a fact!

Roy does have a six-pack. It's just protected by a keg. You could actually see developed abdominal muscles last night. Surrounded by fat, of course.

I think its just an act but Roy knocking off the big bad street gangsta Kimbo with ease and making him look like a bitch probably pissed off dana

Roy could be even more of a fan favorite if he adopted some of Hulk Hogans mannerisms

Back