whats the real reason for the dana hate in Big Country?

Even though Roy's guy won, he was still a shitty coach from the looks of it. But he is a fighter not a coach.....im on the fence about this guy.

It was obvious to anyone watching the show that Roy knew more than Carwin. The guys didn't like it that Roy put their own careers in their own hands. Except for the legit Army Ranger who embraced it and won.

Even though Roy's guy won, he was still a shitty coach from the looks of it. But he is a fighter not a coach.....im on the fence about this guy.

You have had long enough to make up your mind, you fence sitter!.:)

Most likely it's some sort of personality clash. Dana can be a bit dramatic. Hate is a strong word and Nelson still has a job so it seems like it isn't that serious.

Dana likes compliance. Can't have both a Big Country and a Big Brother.

Roy is not a company man, he doesn't play the game the way Dana wants him to.Twitter wars with your boss are not good for your career. Roy takes his schtick too far, I've always liked the guy but even at that I'd like to see him groom himself some. That beard and hair are repulsive.

Why are you judging the attractiveness of another grown man?

I like Roy Nelson's average guy approach.

When you have pro wrestling type acts being rewarded by Dana, then Roy fits right into the whole UFC circus.

Because Roy doesn't brown nose him like nearly every fighter on the roster.

Plus he is fat and does not give one solitary shit.

Roy also represents himself if I remember correctly, he's him own manager and basically trains alone, or he did... I swear when he won TUF he was standing his corner by himself, not even poster hanging behind him... so Roy probably deals Dana directly in terms of negotiating salary, i doubt Dana likes dealing him......... if I'm right about Roy's independence.

Dana does not like hair......thats it. end of thread.

Dana acts like he hates Roy, because Dana likes to pretend he doesn't like his fat guy ugly hair image. Truth be told Dana loves Roy, because fans love Roy and fans make that money.

This

Dana wants the UFC to be seen as the place where the best athletes fight. He does not fit the stereotype. Oh we'll he's doing work.

Hey!? I said end of thread! hair man....its all about the hair.

Agree with what you say TS, but like somone said roy = money so I think dana likes roy deep down..all bidness baby!

Roy also represents himself if I remember correctly, he's him own manager and basically trains alone, or he did... I swear when he won TUF he was standing his corner by himself, not even poster hanging behind him... so Roy probably deals Dana directly in terms of negotiating salary, i doubt Dana likes dealing him......... if I'm right about Roy's independence.

I have heard this too

It is funny that Big country is always exciting and the UFC talks about always backing exciting guys win or lose.
His fight with JDS also proves alot about what he is made of.

Roy doesn't kiss Dana's ass. Moreover, Roy has been successful on his own.

Back