What's the problem with female MMA?

This Cindy hate that always comes up is the stupidest shit, and just shows how little effort people put into actually researching any of these fighters before talking nonsense. Cindy is a sub artist with 9 sub wins out of 16. She can't strike at all and she knows that.

You said WMMA loses credibility when you've got fighters like Cindy, so what about men's credibility when we had guys like Askren throwing hands? Go look at his striking. He looked worse than Cindy does in that gif you posted. Dude was throwing punches and tripping over his own feet as a result.

Yeah, she had, what, one fight and got cut because she was bad?

Women's divisions are way too top heavy and always have been.

Holly should never be used to learn fighting from. Her style is horrendous. Same relative combinations. No killer instinct. She has probably the biggest size advantage in her division and runs around like an idiot trying to karate out point

And her technique is horrible. Even her stance is fucked up. No power on her left because she start with too much weight on her front foot. Starts punching combinations from kicking range so her jab is wasted. If her skill matched her athleticism she would be one of the greatest female fighters out there, but it does not come close.

I see a lot of hate for it. Obviously women don't have the same physical gifts men have, but that is null and void when it's two women in there. What is the real reason a lot of you find it boring?

I'm not standing up for it, I'm genuinely curious. I fight and I learned a lot from watching fighters like Rose, Joanna, Holly Holm, Amanda etc... They are masters and technicians. What's the issue?

Looking for real discussion, if you want to hate and be a child/troll fuck off.

Inb4 the first poster that thinks they are funny with some bullshit.

the vast majority of wmma fights go the distance....the vast majority of them look pathetic. I have seen better standup with 12 year old boys doing muay tai, than many of these women....a perfect example would be, why watch a high school basketball game, when you can watch an nba game.

It just seems like the first 30 or so UFC events to me. The talent level is not quite there yet, sure you have your Shevchenkos and Nunes' of the world but for the most part it's just not very high level. The finishing rate also seems to be fairly low, so a lot of the fights you're watching are 2 rudimentary stand up fighters who lack the adequate power or technique to put the other fighter away A 15 minute fight where neither fighter is in danger of being finished simply lacks that danger element that most male fights have.

-Very little athletism in comparsion to MMA
-Super shallow divisions
-Most fights are super sloppy and shitty
-One or two good fighters per division who crush cans constantly
-Takes roster space away from much better male fighters who should be in the UFC and would make for more entertaining fights on average
The phrase "super sloppy and shitty" as part of a detailed list of (accurate) reasons why WMMA sucks made me laugh out loud. Still laughing.

All 3 wmma fight made me yawn tonight. They need to be put on separate cards when the talent level is this low. Do a female contender series or whatever, don't mix it in with those fighters that are better, you're doing those good fighters a disservice like that lol

Women's MMA is 90% decisions, 9% can crushing and 1% decent. It has none of the unpredictability that makes regular MMA exciting.

What I dont get about the ppl that shit on womens MMA but than turn around and defend Mens MMA. Like comeon dude look at the HWs and mostly all other div are just wrestlers barely learning to throw a right hand. Very few skilled guys in mens MMA.

Regarding the new Oregon drug law, can we get a new sherdogs own?

4mfeki.jpg

And her technique is horrible. Even her stance is fucked up. No power on her left because she start with too much weight on her front foot. Starts punching combinations from kicking range so her jab is wasted. If her skill matched her athleticism she would be one of the greatest female fighters out there, but it does not come close.
Yeah that running 1-2-1-2 combination from 10 ft away is awful. Hilarious she kept committing to it and shev and Germaine were like “I see it and now I’ll just counter hook your dumb ass”

And then she did it another 50 times

Zero power. Zero intensity. Literally less competitive than 12 year old boys. 95/100 wwma fights are bush league garbage- it's absurd to be featured alongside actual top level MMA. Championship fights aside it has no place or justification to be in the UFC.

<DisgustingHHH>

Women aren't built or meant to be fighters. Never have been in the history of mankind.

And don't go talking about Joan of Arc or some ridiculous outlandish example either.

This has nothing to do with inferiority or something like that. I have daughters and I love them more than anything and love going to their events whatever the sport is, but we are talking spectator sports here and there's just nothing intriguing about WMMA.

I don't even know a female that actually likes MMA either.

Reactions: 24K
Yeah that running 1-2-1-2 combination from 10 ft away is awful. Hilarious she kept committing to it and shev and Germaine were like “I see it and now I’ll just counter hook your dumb ass”

And then she did it another 50 times

You got to see her skill when she fought the far smaller Shevchenko. After the first round she landed about shit and was also out-grappled by a woman she had 20 lbs. on. Holly's technique is terrible.

Back