Social What's the politically correct definition of "woman"?

you can be a woman without actually being a woman.

my strong suspicion is that nobody looks at trannies and thinks they are a woman. they are just being polite about it, the way you are around mentally ill people.

Somebody who was born female.

If a person who was born male had sex reassignment surgery, then out of respect for the individual I’d be okay with calling them a woman, but deep down I would know that the person who had surgery to be a woman was not an actual woman.
This is similar to Mickey Rourke or Tom Cruise having plastic surgery to look like someone in their 20's yet they are in their 50s or 60s. would you really believe that now they have had surgery that they are legit 20 year olds?

It seems every thing I used to use to differentiate women, is now considered no longer unique to them, so how do you define women now

The dictionary definition is "adult female person", but if you look up female, it says capacity to bear young or produce eggs, but I don't believe that is now considered unique to females

There is none. It's a category without a definition.

You can totally identify as something that you cannot define.

That makes perfect sense and if you don't like it you're a hate filled bigot.

what about babies born with both sex organs?

They are intersex.

I wonder why you've brought that rare category into this conversation. Is it this small group that you truly wanted to discuss, or were you intending to extrapolate your point outward to an unrelated group?

actually
Difference-Between-Hermaphrodite-and-Intersex-Comparison-Summary-702x1024.png

Doesn't that make the case you are trying to refute? (Are there hermaphrodite humans who can "become both mother and father of the offspring in different situation"?)

Tell me how someone's gender effects your day to day life

I'll wait

I'm a wrestling coach. A couple of years ago a biological female identifying as a male wrestled in the boy's division in our league. The boys were extremely kind to him and treated him gently. At our final tournament I saw the best wrestler in the province give up points to him, his only points of the year, before gently pinning him to the mat.

I worry that when the roles are inevitably reversed, the biological boy identifying as a girl may not be so kind and gentle. She certainly would not be obliged to. It's a wrestling match, after all. But I'm not sure about my girls wrestling her due to safety concerns (that's without even getting into the fairness issue).

I feel like that's a valid real world concern.

Debatable. Gender and sex being different things is not, however. That difference explains TS's confusion since he is conflating the two, clearly.

So then answer his question based on your understanding of gender.

What is the gender definition of a woman? What does science tell us are the gender traits of being a woman? Gender is a social construct, right? So do we just pile up traits commonly associated with being female within a given sociocultural context versus traits commonly associated with being a male within a given sociocultural context, and then see where we stand? Is there a tipping point?

Or is the word "woman," in gender terms, nothing but an empty label with no related traits?

Since TS and I are clearly confused, and you are so clearly not confused, please be so kind as to explain.

Back