What's the point of watching ronda anymore: retirement/holm

UFC doesn't care about the fans or the fighters, they're trying to line their pockets up as much and as fast as they can before MMA becomes irrelevant like in Japan.

Ronda doesn't give a fuck. She collects her millions for 30 seconds. Little girls hug her. She retires WMMA is dropped and life moves happily on.

If Ronda left MMA it would be like when the Powerpuff Girls had a curfew and couldn't save Townsville from all the monsters. The monsters came and destroyed the city while the Professor made the Powerpuff Girls go to bed. Then he realized,"Hey, Townsville is getting pretty screwed right now." And daylight savings time saved the day.

I don't see how this is any different from Werdum claiming he wanted to retire after beating Cain ahd getting the title. Didn't see you crying about that.

Werdum has not cleaned out a division. That is how it is different.

There never was a point in watching her.

it was just two years ago that Ronda burst on the scene fighting Liz....and now, two years later she's saying in current interviews that she wants her retirement fight to be against Cyborg at 200?

So your whole mma career will be a whopping 3 years? Alrighty then.

Now Ronda is slipping into the rut of all champions where she only fights every 6 months. Now we get holm next after xmas?? (a worse gimme fight than bethe, if you think holm stands a chance then you're a dishonest troll) ....are you kidding me? ....and then six months later is your retirement fight with Cyborg?

so we get 3 yrs of carmouches', bethes', and holms', then its time to hang up the gloves at the ripe old age of 28?

w-t-f

what's the point of this BS. this is not goat status.
She has stated several times that she wants to retire undefeated. After beating 8 of the top 10, with no challenger left, except Cyborg. Then defeating Cyborg, she can rightfully retire on top. She has movies and WWE to make money off of.

She is very passionate about retiring on top, undefeated. That will only raise up any other endeavor she pursues after MMA.

She's not going to retire.

If you think she is going to walk away from making 7 million a year beating cans, you are a fool.

Sometimes people say things to get press, smart people don't fall for this shit.

Why wouldn't she retire as a Champion. She has Hollywood, Commercials and WWE to make money on. And if she retires defeating Cyborg, that only raises her stock for everything else she does.

You're right in that Ronda isn't padding her legacy any more by continuing to fight the women she's fighting. But by having done so, she's made money and built up her brand which allows her to make more money.

If Rousey retires from MMA at 28, she'll be 1 year older than Carano was when she retired on a one-sided beatdown from Cyborg... then went into movies to make more money. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if Ronda does the same thing - with some WWE mixed in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:icon_chee

What was the point of Tyson once he proved dominant? Ali? Anderson? GSP? Fedor? Etc... etc...

So, she beats everyone at the age of 28, retires to stop risking brain damage and keeps getting massive multi-million dollar movie deal and WWE paychecks... and you think that's ridiculous?

Exactly, being the best wmma fighter is kind of like being the best ice hockey player in Mexico. I don't like Cyborg, but I kind of want her to knock Rousey out.

I'm Proud of you man.. Well done, well done!

prdfudg.gif

Holm looks really out of place fighting in the UFC. She appears like she is afraid to engage. Fights like a TKD point fighter. Has really underwhelmed as a contender and is now getting a title shot? What a joke.This fight will be over within 30 seconds. Maybe even 15 seconds.

The UFC is in full protection mode of Rousey, likely protecting her so she can devote tie to her outside projects without risk of losing coupled with a reduced training load. The Rousey brand could also be protected due to a possible rumored sale of the company or sale of broadcast rights to ESPN. Let's face facts, none of the other fighters are as well known as Rousey who is the face of the company.

It's actually pretty disgusting that Rousey didn't go to bat for Tate to get this shot; she could pull a power play with the UFC if she wanted to. I guess she isn't that confident in her abilities and her middle school girl hate isn't that strong for Tate.

I don't see how this is any different from Werdum claiming he wanted to retire after beating Cain ahd getting the title. Didn't see you crying about that.

I hope you were being sarcastic. Werdum is 38 and Ronda is 28. Werdum has been doing MMA far longer than Ronda has. He had his first professional fight in 2002, before Ronda even comepeted in the Olympics.

The UFC is in full protection mode of Rousey, likely protecting her so she can devote tie to her outside projects without risk of losing coupled with a reduced training load. The Rousey brand could also be protected due to a possible rumored sale of the company or sale of broadcast rights to ESPN. Let's face facts, none of the other fighters are as well known as Rousey who is the face of the company.

It's actually pretty disgusting that Rousey didn't go to bat for Tate to get this shot; she could pull a power play with the UFC if she wanted to. I guess she isn't that confident in her abilities and her middle school girl hate isn't that strong for Tate.

No matter who Ronda fights at 135 someone will say that Ronda is being protected. At one time they were saying Ronda was being protected from Holm. Give it a rest.

If Ronda fights the last tiny number of fighters in the top ten so that she can say she has beaten all of the top ten people will say she is being protected. If she fights Tate 6 times people will say she is being protected from the top ten she has not fought yet.

Lose lose situation here with people thinking the way you are.

I love how many people were saying Ronda was ducking Holm in that thread that got necro bumped.

Now somehow Holm is a can. So what is it? Fickle fucking haters.

I could believe it, she'll start making movie money and Schaub said her knee's aren't doing so great after all the years of Judo.

Back