What's the point of watching ronda anymore: retirement/holm

elbowsandwiches

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
it was just two years ago that Ronda burst on the scene fighting Liz....and now, two years later she's saying in current interviews that she wants her retirement fight to be against Cyborg at 200?

So your whole mma career will be a whopping 3 years? Alrighty then.

Now Ronda is slipping into the rut of all champions where she only fights every 6 months. Now we get holm next after xmas?? (a worse gimme fight than bethe, if you think holm stands a chance then you're a dishonest troll) ....are you kidding me? ....and then six months later is your retirement fight with Cyborg?

so we get 3 yrs of carmouches', bethes', and holms', then its time to hang up the gloves at the ripe old age of 28?

w-t-f

what's the point of this BS. this is not goat status.

She's not going to retire.

If you think she is going to walk away from making 7 million a year beating cans, you are a fool.

Sometimes people say things to get press, smart people don't fall for this shit.

She's not going to retire.

If you think she is going to walk away from making 7 million a year beating cans, you are a fool.

Sometimes people say things to get press, smart people don't fall for this shit.

she used to live in a car. I'm sure she has enough after 200 to retire. she could be quite serious and be speaking from the heart. smart people don't make assumptions.

she used to live in a car. I'm sure she has enough after 200 to retire. she could be quite serious and be speaking from the heart. smart people don't make assumptions.

She could be serious, and then realize another $10 mil sounds better.

If Holm is the best challenge out there then there is no point in watching anymore.

I don't see how this is any different from Werdum claiming he wanted to retire after beating Cain ahd getting the title. Didn't see you crying about that.

There's no point at all anymore.

If Holm is the best challenge out there then there is no point in watching anymore.

exactly, holm is the biggest can yet, just two fights ago she won a split against Pennington, PENNINGTON! ! A SPLIT!

Ronda doesn't give a fuck. She collects her millions for 30 seconds. Little girls hug her. She retires WMMA is dropped and life moves happily on.

exactly, holm is the biggest can yet, just two fights ago she won a split against Pennington, PENNINGTON! ! A SPLIT!

You are correct. Holm is nothing more than cannon fodder for Rousey. I would rather see Rhonda compete in judo at the 2016 Olympics and fight Cyborg instead of Holm on January 2.

She is not unbeatable fellow. Relax.

what was the point of watching Anderson when he was cleaning out MW? What was the point of watching GSP during his 50-45 run? What is the point of watching LHW when the 2 guys fighting for the title lost to the real champion? Whats is the point of watching UFC/MMA??

She is not unbeatable fellow. Relax.

to the current roster in mma she is.

ronda is crazy, have you ever seen her mother talk? ... a complete psycho.

is she immortal? no. ...but Cyborg will fall just as easy i promise. I just saw Cyborg lose some kickboxing match against some Australian girl not long ago.
Cyborg is gassy and slow, and that's at her current weight.

what was the point of watching Anderson when he was cleaning out MW? What was the point of watching GSP during his 50-45 run? What is the point of watching LHW when the 2 guys fighting for the title lost to the real champion? Whats is the point of watching UFC/MMA??

You missed my whole point, they had careers against solid fighters for a decade plus. Ronda fights cans for 3yrs.
With your logic, why get out of bed because ur gonna die in a few decades.

You missed my whole point, they had careers against solid fighters for a decade plus. Ronda fights cans for 3yrs.
With your logic, why get out of bed because ur gonna die in a few decades.

Maybe it has something to do with people enjoying dominant champions? And the recent PPV buys confirm that people couldn't give two shits about the skill difference.

it was just two years ago that Ronda burst on the scene fighting Liz....and now, two years later she's saying in current interviews that she wants her retirement fight to be against Cyborg at 200?

So your whole mma career will be a whopping 3 years? Alrighty then.

Now Ronda is slipping into the rut of all champions where she only fights every 6 months. Now we get holm next after xmas?? (a worse gimme fight than bethe, if you think holm stands a chance then you're a dishonest troll) ....are you kidding me? ....and then six months later is your retirement fight with Cyborg?

so we get 3 yrs of carmouches', bethes', and holms', then its time to hang up the gloves at the ripe old age of 28?

w-t-f

what's the point of this BS. this is not goat status.

You're right in that Ronda isn't padding her legacy any more by continuing to fight the women she's fighting. But by having done so, she's made money and built up her brand which allows her to make more money.

If Rousey retires from MMA at 28, she'll be 1 year older than Carano was when she retired on a one-sided beatdown from Cyborg... then went into movies to make more money. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if Ronda does the same thing - with some WWE mixed in.

Maybe it has something to do with people enjoying dominant champions? And the recent PPV buys confirm that people couldn't give two shits about the skill difference.

That's what's more angering about this, than anything else.

The UFC isn't making these fights for us. They KNOW that WE KNOW it's horse-shit, but it's not us they're marketing it to and not our buys that'll keep them feeding Ronda absolute squash matches and market them as her next big challenge.

That's what's more angering about this, than anything else.

The UFC isn't making these fights for us. They KNOW that WE KNOW it's horse-shit, but it's not us they're marketing it to and not our buys that'll keep them feeding Ronda absolute squash matches and market them as her next big challenge.

And by "US" do you mean Sherdoggers? Why would UFC give a shit about what some group of losers thinks on the forum.. we all bitched about the Ronda vs Tate 3 fight, so they gave us a different one, and people are still bitching.. No one is offering any solutions or plausible ideas here, only bitching

Back