What's the point of Ronda beating Cyborg in 12 seconds

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by gspfedkobe24, Aug 3, 2015.

1. gspfedkobe24

gspfedkobe24 Black Belt

If the fight ever happens Cyborg gets destroyed in under 30 seconds just like the rest of em...... What does Cyborg have for Ronda?

Also what's the point of letting Tate try fighting Ronda again? So because Ronda toyed with her and let Tate survive till the 3rd round (BTW Ronda said she kept letting Tate get up. I believe her too)it's supposed to be some kind of victory Tate survived till 3rd round? I know it's a shallow division no contenders for Ronda with that said I think just to spice things up they should throw all the BW womens names in a hat and let Rousey draw her opponent's name out of a hat......

2. FEDORRULEZ

FEDORRULEZ Black Belt

3. BigMuffler

BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

Tate has evolved, NeoTate just might be The One... probably not but still.

4. Pleb

Pleb Orange Belt

I'd love to see T8 win the title.

5. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

Has she really?

Or is she just fighting lower standard figters

To be fair though tate didnt deserve a rematch the first time round,this time she has earnt it though.

But she has nothing for ronda grappling.And thats were she dominates.Maybe she will survive longer then most but she would probably get finished in the first like others have again.

And as for cyborg.Ronda is an appalling matchup for her.I want to see the fight but ronda smashes her quick inside 3 minutes.So a long ronda fight

6. bobgeese

bobgeese Gold Belt

So I can swin in the tears of the butthurt?

7. HHJ

HHJ Fedor Supremacist

i know exactly whats gonna happen to the pro cyborg fans if ronda pearl harbors her in the first min.

"well who cares,fuck ronda,wmma sucks"

8. The Mookster

The Mookster Green Belt

Cyroid would have to pass a usada random drug test; her versus Ronda is a dream matchup until then, and last pic i saw she was back to looking like wanderlei

9. GeorgeSears

GeorgeSears Kneel my lord.

No one really does care but a Santos vs Rousey fight is the only remotely interesting match in that division.

10. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

I'd love to see Ronda beat Cyborg in 12 seconds,

kinda fight I could re-watch like 6 times

11. BigMuffler

BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

Eye beat Kaufman who beat Tate before, even if you think Kaufman won it was close

McMann is an Olympian and punches harder than almost any other girl

Carmouche has nearly unmatched strength and dominated Coenen until she got caught in a sub

So... no

Plus the Neo-evolution was just obvious to see when she dropped Eye repeatedly

12. Cooliox

Cooliox Steel Belt Platinum Member

I'm more into Rousey VS Tate 3 than Rousey VS Cyborg at any weight.

I hope they give it a good hot build up.

[​IMG]
    "Now Kith"

[​IMG]
    <3

13. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

Ronda is good. Her opponents are not. Beating scrub after scrub is amazing though. Anderson couldn't even beat every can he faced.

14. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

I think what is most amazing about her story is that her fame continues to rise, almost to living legend status. Think about it. Through her first 9 fights she was already considered an amazing talent. Then in her last 3 fights, she finished 3 fighters, in championship fights, in a combined 64 seconds.

I have to repeat it because its so ridiculous. She finished her last 3 championship fights in a combined total 64 seconds. People are actually expecting her now to walk into the Octagon and with godlike accuracy dispatch her opponent in seconds. It is no longer like it was in her first 9 fights, which was to finish in round 1. That has been lowered now to somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 seconds or less.

Her time spent in the Octagon, for her entire career, is about 25 minutes and some change. In a single championship fight a fighter can spend 25 minutes in the Octagon. That is representative of Ronda's entire career. About 5 rounds and some change.

So fans claim she is a can crusher, and maybe she is, but she is the best can crusher of all time.

15. grooves12

grooves12 Green Belt

And half of that 25 minutes was in ONE fight.

16. sparkyjohannsen

sparkyjohannsen Purple Belt

I seriously doubt Cyborg is getting finished faster than Bethe. The point of the fight is that she is really the only legit challenger to Ronda. I think Ronda beats her fairly easily, though.

17. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Yea, its obscene to think about. Ronda has made a HUGE impact on the sport and has virtually no Octagon time. Cain spent almost as much time in the Octagon in his last fight with JDS as Ronda has her entire career. She has about 5 total rounds of experience. :eek:

18. Zefram Cochrane

Zefram Cochrane Follow me on Pictogram

this^

19. DespicablePeep

DespicablePeep Black Belt

Demographics, teens and girls like to see an okay looking girl being though, even though she is beating people with no experience. Funny is how she constantly tries to avoid Cyborg, someone who at least has time on the cage/ring.

20. Medium Nog

Medium Nog Purple Belt

You can call any woman that is successful in any combat sport a can crusher though. Seriously, female combat sports are no where near as developed as their male counterparts. That being said, those that excel shouldn't be punished for that, just as those in less competitive weight classes and eras do not.