Whats the point of Mcgregor fighting an old man with 9 losses

Because little trolls should be kept busy on Sherdog.

Now in all seriousness, Conor needs to stay active that's why. Siver is a top 10 fighter who is no joke for anyone.

But GOAT is GOAT.

I hope for your sake Siver doesn't kick Conor in the nuts.

To continue his streak of fighting underdogs in the ufc.

5 times in a row being heavy favourite has to be a record

anderson silva was a big favourite in at least 10 fights in a row, he must have been cherry picking

anderson silva was a big favourite in at least 10 fights in a row, he must have been cherry picking

Really?

Really?

You can't figure out why this is a different scenario for the champ.

I fucking refuse to explain that to you, anyone who can;t understand that without help is not worth talking to.

Look theres nothing wrong with conners resume up until this fight. The progression was natural, but how the hell is fighting Siver the road to the title?

Because the alternative is another rematch for Aldo, against another wrestler.

What's wrong with getting a title shot off of 5 wins, 3 [possibly 4] first round KOs, and 2 top-10 wins? The Champion of the division is even calling him out; Aldo doesn't want Edgar, he wants to fight McGregor.

Really?

Really?

You can't figure out why this is a different scenario for the champ.

I fucking refuse to explain that to you, anyone who can;t understand that without help is not worth talking to.

you said that being the heavy favourite in 5 fights in a row was some kind of record
it's not

that's all

It's not. They kind of ran out of options and wouldn't risk him fighting Mendes or Edgar. The only thing that makes it less of a joke is the other top guys all lost to Aldo. May aswell cash out Conor with that fight.

I've never seen hype this big for a contender against an opponent like this.

I dont thinks its fair but at the same time i want him fight Aldo. I really want to root for him as a fighter but if he wins i fear sherdog would be unbearable. I dont know if ever rooted against guy because of his fanbase. Im not proud of it but whateves

you said that being the heavy favourite in 5 fights in a row was some kind of record
it's not

that's all

Alright true, soz I thought it was implied.

To be clear,

5 UFC fights, no title shots and never been anything but a huge favourite.

Can't think of anyone else in that situ.......

it's not

that's all

He already told you his point and that is they are giving him very favorable matchups for an easy path to the title.

Because the alternative is another rematch for Aldo, against another wrestler.

What's wrong with getting a title shot off of 5 wins, 3 [possibly 4] first round KOs, and 2 top-10 wins? The Champion of the division is even calling him out; Aldo doesn't want Edgar, he wants to fight McGregor.

It is what it is i guess. Ill be watching no matter what.

No he didn't

In fact he already told you his point and that is they are giving him very favorable matchups.

he did, which he just admitted

i was being deliberately obtuse to be fair which i apologise for but it's not a record

(and mcgregor really hadn't deserved to be significant betting favourite over brimmage, who was on a good win streak and had just beat promising jim hettes, max holloway who has shown tremendous talent throughout his ufc career or poirier who is highly regarded enough that two guys were thought to be in title contention for beating, i.e. KZ and swanson)

they were decent match-ups given the unknown quality of mcgregor and his short spell in the ufc and he can't really help the betting odds

and anyway it's all academic... he has been calling for a fight with the undisputable best guy in the division since day 1. (some) people are talking about him like he's bluffing his way through his career. he wants the biggest fight the division has to offer (and the subsequent challenges holding the belt would bring)

It is what it is i guess. Ill be watching no matter what.

Even if it's undeserved, Aldo v. McGregor should be a fight everyone can enjoy. Whether it's because you believe in the GOAT (Conor bless), or you believe in the GOAT (Aldo), you want to see one side of sherdog explode or you're excited for Conor's trash talk and Aldo looking like he is literally going to kill someone.

To continue to stroke conor off and make him look better than he really is. No doubt good but not yet great. Face stiff challenges

Lamas would end the hypetrain and the cash cow potential....We don't want that....

The problem with fighting mendes or Frankie is the he could destroy them and still lose a decision due to flawed scoring criteria.

he's been in the ufc for a little over a year and by tomorrow will have fought 5 guys that have a total of more than 30 wins in the ufc, 3 of which are ranked fighters by the ufc ... he's being built up for sure but he's hardly having his record padded with bum-fights

siver has been in the ufc longer than mcgregor has been a pro fighter... yes his time is coming to an end sooner rather than later but you don't stick around that long in the ufc if you suck

McGregor is almost a 10-1 favorite over Siver at -980. That is record padding and the UFC is praying to the money gods that he doesn't somehow lose. He was given one of the easiest fights they could possibly have given him.

TS makes a point. Bendo/Cerrone is the real fight to watch, and even that fight wasn't supposed to happen.

Dana has a knack for fooling people into thinking theyre getting a quality fight to watch. But hey, at least it's a Freebie

The problem with fighting mendes or Frankie is the he could destroy them and still lose a decision due to flawed scoring criteria.

What flawed scoring criteria do you speak of? Because if it's wrestlers winning when they take opponents down and control them, gtfo

Just cause you don't find it exciting doesn't mean the guy didn't win

Conor's wide stance is begging for a single leg from Mendes/Lamas or a night of leg kicks from Aldo. The UFC has to capitalize fast while he is still hot. THE TIME IS NOW

Back