What's the oldest age you could start training and become a UFC champ

combat background => 30-33 and maybe 35

without? hard to say ... 25-27?

Lomachenko is 31 and lets say he comes to mma at 33, i think he would need max. 15 months (34), cuz muscle memory is still there, to be a tough fight for pretty much any FW & down.
25-27?? Are you crazy thats way too old to start, especially to reach a level where you'd be a world champ. I say 16-17 tops and thats if you are talented.

The oldest I can think of that started from zero background is JDS at around 21. Ngannou could potentially break that record.

I think Hershel (Spelling?) Walker when he was in his 30s could have been a contender. Dude looked great in Strikeforce and he was already old as dirt.

HW in particular I think you could start at a later age without too much experience and still do well if you have talent and drive. Helps a great deal to have some wrestling background, even say HS-level.

25-27?? Are you crazy thats way too old to start, especially to reach a level where you'd be a world champ. I say 16-17 tops and thats if you are talented.

sorry but nope.

MMAs talent pool is trash, thats why its possible.

Its hard to say (too many factors).

How old was Burley when he made Jenkins (lifelong wrestler + more mma training than sherdoggers + brock combined + legit prospect) look like a beta cuck?
Maybe 28? 30? Burley had no background in wrestling and maybe trained for a few months or 1 year ... dude was just athletic.

Hard to say ... I honestly have no idea lol.

I think Hershel (Spelling?) Walker when he was in his 30s could have been a contender. Dude looked great in Strikeforce and he was already old as dirt.

Yeah but you never really know until the competition is stepped up. Artem looked like prime Roy Jones for a few of his TUF fights against lower competition.

78 for sure...with a few pops of TBol for good measure.

39307ca5f85fc85c275b16922b29fea5.jpg

Broo...that guys face is identical to my grandfathers face no joke lol...where is that from..hes my grandfather doppleganger not even joking

Well, I'm 61 and pretty sure I could clean out the HW division.

If I could get off the couch.

Yeah but you never really know until the competition is stepped up. Artem looked like prime Roy Jones for a few of his TUF fights against lower competition.
What about prime Bob Sapp? How old was he when he started fighting? Dude was fucking people up in K1 and PRIDE. Almost beat Nog before the armbar.

DC started at 30 I think but of course he had an amazing wrestling background.

For flyweight through welterweight, probably 16. For Middleweight a bit later, for LHW and HW you can start at 55, as long as DC and Jones aren't still around.

Lomachenko is the only midget right know who could do that as a 34 y/o guy.

ur question too hard man wtf

What say you sherbros? I'd say the cutoff is somewhere around 30 for a phenom A level athlete. Especially a HW. Thoughts?
30 seems high. even if your athletic or a pro athlete coming from a non-combat sport, i'd say 25-27 max. people usually overemphasize athleticism in mma

Well, you can extend your peak hormonal years and such with the right nutritional / supplemental and training strategy.

assuming you minimize majority of damage taken In training, in the modern era..probably late 30's

Depends though. That's definitely the exception not the rule.

Let's see - Cejudo, Dillashaw, and Usman wrestled since high school (at the latest, probably earlier), Holloway started kickboxing in high school, Whittaker started Karate at 6, and Khabib has fought bears since age 5. So you're wrong.
That’s one skill bro your so dumb hahaha you must be new to This

Back