what's the name of this move? (description inside)

WAR MMA

White Belt
Reaction score
I am terrible with remembering the names of moves, but when writing my blog yesterday I had a pretty good description of the sweep. I just would like to know its name.

if you can imagine the opponent standing in closed guard, you hook a leg and release guard to pivot your hips away from the hook, base up with your other arm by your ear on the mat (fingers pointed towards your opponent), and push off your opponent with the your free leg to roll over your shoulder and land in a sort of ankle pick position. then brace their ankle and lean into their knee to knock them down.

I learned it Wednesday and then pulled it off last night in sparring :)

I could be wrong, but that sounds awfully like the Mississippi Tommy Tippee.

I think that's called "Diversity"... but I might be confused. It might also be the name for an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era

I could be wrong, but that sounds awfully like the Mississippi Tommy Tippee.

fell for it. boss is now questioning why I'm shopping breast pumps and baby bottles. :icon_chee

I think that's called "Diversity"... but I might be confused. It might also be the name for an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era

also of note: San Diego means whale's vagina in German.

Hahahaha! I fucking love this thread :icon_chee

I am terrible with remembering the names of moves, but when writing my blog yesterday I had a pretty good description of the sweep. I just would like to know its name.

if you can imagine the opponent standing in closed guard, you hook a leg and release guard to pivot your hips away from the hook, base up with your other arm by your ear on the mat (fingers pointed towards your opponent), and push off your opponent with the your free leg to roll over your shoulder and land in a sort of ankle pick position. then brace their ankle and lean into their knee to knock them down.

I learned it Wednesday and then pulled it off last night in sparring :)

"Counter to standing guard break"?

+1 (anchorman quotes always welcome)

"You have an absolutely breathtaking.....heiney! I mean that things good...I wanna be friends with it!"

i was just reminded the name of this sweep last week but it slipped my mind already, maybe you should ask the arsenist that has oddly shapped feet residing in unique new york

Back