Whats the most useless set of fighting skills in a real fight to the death?

In a fight to the death? Lol no

I’ll take wrestling all day. Have fun in guard after your eyeballs have been ripped from their sockets.
. . . SO you're going to ignore all of the control and defense aspects of BJJ? Alright, then by that logic wrestling is useless because you can't do anything with your opponent other than take them down and pin them.

. . . SO you're going to ignore all of the control and defense aspects of BJJ? Alright, then by that logic wrestling is useless because you can't do anything with your opponent other than take them down and pin them.

I’m not ignoring them. I’m acknowledging that said aspects are nullified by wrestling. Better takedowns to better positions. TS said fight to the death. Good luck with sweeps and subs without the protection of rules.

The question is about a fight to the death. If that's the case I'm snapping your fingers , gouging your eyes and kneeing you in the balls. Good luck trying to roll with no eyes or hands.

There's rules for a reason. The moment you stick your hand out to grab me I'm biting or breaking those fingers. Would you beat me in a BJJ tournament? Yeah. A street fight with no rules? Probably not if you're relying on BJJ.

this is hilariously true.

the easy answer is wrestling. People in here have zero clue how dirty this hypothetical fight would get if it was a life or death situation. I’ll take elite takedowns over elite subs when rules aren’t involved.

Actually you made just one mistake.

Wrestling was developed in antiquity so that armoured men could be defeated. Wrestle them to the ground, and pin them on their back. That pin, the control required to then rip their throat out with your teeth.

Yep wrestling doesn’t have a submission, it just has a finisher/fatality.

I’m not ignoring them. I’m acknowledging that said aspects are nullified by wrestling. Better takedowns to better positions. TS said fight to the death. Good luck with sweeps and subs without the protection of rules.
I mean, knee-on-belly with x2 wrist-control would allow you to do WHATEVER you wanted to a person in a fight to the death, its easy/natural to acheive, and they have *no options* to gouge your eyes or break your fingers. They could spit at you while you bitch-slap them to death, but no real damage. . . and you could always slip to full-mount- unless you're going to argue that's not BJJ-based. Also, head-butts. I think you and many others on here actually believe someone trying to snap your fingers or low-blow you is going to waver someone who'd mid-adrenaline fighting to the death. BJJ/Wrestling would still be the most effective forms, assuming you have any kind of (even sloppy) ground offense, like gnp, chokes, head-butts, etc.,

Also, real people in real street-fights/fights to the death get choked out all the time. Both wrestling and JJ's ability to easily nullify an opponent would be worth their weight in gold.

I mean, knee-on-belly with x2 wrist-control would allow you to do WHATEVER you wanted to a person in a fight to the death, its easy/natural to acheive, and they have *no options* to gouge your eyes or break your fingers. They could spit at you while you bitch-slap them to death, but no real damage. . . and you could always slip to full-mount- unless you're going to argue that's not BJJ-based. Also, head-butts. I think you and many others on here actually believe someone trying to snap your fingers or low-blow you is going to waver someone who'd mid-adrenaline fighting to the death. BJJ/Wrestling would still be the most effective forms, assuming you have any kind of (even sloppy) ground offense, like gnp, chokes, head-butts, etc.,

Also, real people in real street-fights/fights to the death get choked out all the time. Both wrestling and JJ's ability to easily nullify an opponent would be worth their weight in gold.

thats simply not happening. A top tier bjj guy is going to be put on their back by a top tier wrestler every single time. That’s not even disputable.

thats simply not happening. A top tier bjj guy is going to be put on their back by a top tier wrestler every single time. That’s not even disputable.
...Oh, I thought we were talking about "real people"/street fights, rather than world ranked bjj vs Olympic wrestlers. In the latter case, I agree. . . not that the wrestler would accomplish anything after that . . . other than probably get subbed at some point.

...Oh, I thought we were talking about "real people"/street fights, rather than world ranked bjj vs Olympic wrestlers. In the latter case, I agree. . . not that the wrestler would accomplish anything after that . . . other than probably get subbed at some point.

Olympic wrestler kos BJJ champ with a throw on concrete.

The finishing maneuver of all almost every street fight I've ever seen is a double leg takedown. Guy gets taken down, doesn't get back up, they throw girly punches, guy on top gets the better of the guy on the bottom. So wrestling works. I say, anything to do with Kicks. I've never seen a good kick in my life during these fights.

Olympic wrestler kos BJJ champ with a throw on concrete.
Yes, because BJJ champ would let Olympic wrestler slam/suplex him instead of pulling guard ;)

If you think wrestler's slamming people for the KO is the BEST way to win a street fight. . .

Yes, because BJJ champ would let Olympic wrestler slam/suplex him instead of pulling guard ;)

If you think wrestler's slamming people for the KO is the BEST way to win a street fight. . .

im stating an Olympic caliber wrestler will put a bjj master wherever the wrestler chooses, however he chooses. On concrete, that could be devastating.

The finishing maneuver of all almost every street fight I've ever seen is a double leg takedown. Guy gets taken down, doesn't get back up, they throw girly punches, guy on top gets the better of the guy on the bottom. So wrestling works. I say, anything to do with Kicks. I've never seen a good kick in my life during these fights.

guy got his leg demolished from a leg kick outside a bar in a fight I saw. Only kick I’ve seen thrown in the streets. High risk of slipping and ending up on your back.

Combat Sports (for self defense) is a waste of time.

a fat Video nerd + gun = rip the greatest combatant of all time

Back