Whats the most useless set of fighting skills in a real fight to the death?

Obvious troll, almost all street fights end up on the ground and the guy on top is winning....

More obvious troll.

Watch Tom Erickson lay on Gary Goodridge for 20 minutes and do absoloutely zero damage...actually got laughed at by Big Daddy.

You can lay on top of me all fuqqin day but youre not gonna hurt me.

9nc2lJd.jpg

Wrestling, of course.

If we took all the MMA fighters and allowed them to fight to the death on a deserted island, wrestlers would get murdered first...yes?

Discuss.
The correct answer is flashy kicks and spinning shit.

Wrestling, of course.

If we took all the MMA fighters and allowed them to fight to the death on a deserted island, wrestlers would get murdered first...yes?

Discuss.
I guess you are being sarcastic.
Obviously wrestlers would conquer the island and get all the food and women.
Kung Fu artists would be the servants.

Wrestling, of course.

Discuss.
Number one useless skill would be the skill of marketing yourself.

If I were going to fight someone to the death, I would clinch them, inside trip them, and then head butt them into a living death followed by bites to the throat.

Wrestling would come in handy for this

Last edited:
It depends where the fight is taking place.

If I'm in a closed space, not much room to maneuver I would say taekwondo & akido.
If I have a large space idk. It's hard to say when I would just bite and tear out bits of their throat until they bled to death. Like I can't separate arts when it's to the death.

Anything unarmed. Truly to the death means immediately reaching for the nearest stick, rock, etc.

That’s why in ancient times, before sports, in every confrontation since prehistory people immediately armed themselves with whatever the period technology / environment gave them.

Hard to wrestle or armbar someone who is stabbing your face or groin with a sharp stick (let alone a knife) or hits your head with a rock.

Jesus Christ, any adult saying that *either* wrestling or BJJ would be the most useless style in this scenario is either a troll or has zero fighting experience of any kind.
Using some small amount of cognitive function, something like the above-stated TKD or Capoeira that uses lots of flashy movements and has little grappling would be the most useless.

They also must not know about this fighting organization called the UFC, which originally had almost no rules so all sorts of people competed and a 170 lb BJJ guy dominated everyone.

Do people saying "wrestling would be best" forget UFC 1 etc? I swear they assume wrestler = UFC wrestler with MMA training. A basic wrestler does not know bjj and sub defence.

Not having a gun would suck in a fight to the death.

Wrestling/BJJ won't do you much good if you're fighting more than one opponent. You're not going to have a chance to pass the guard, take a person's back, apply a submission while other people are stomping on you. Better off throwing punches and using footwork to stay at a distance. They're probably the best skills to possess in a 1v1 situation though.

Tai Chi. For the longest time, I had no idea it was even a martial art. Thought it was just like a Chinese meditation

Or tang soo do. If anything reflects the western mcdojoing of tma's, it's tang soo do

Troll thread. Anyway, mentality and training and/or actual experience in the field (life or death situations in particular). Very few if any mma fighters would fare well to be honest.

Something y'all are forgetting is that subs would be applied with deadly force to break something or choke the person out. You wouldn't gently apply something and then slowly increase to give the other dude time to tap honorably.

So Bjj techniques for choking and vreaking legs and arms wouldnt help ?

In a fight to the death? Lol no

I’ll take wrestling all day. Have fun in guard after your eyeballs have been ripped from their sockets.

In a real fight to the death, this is the best martial art

Back