What's the most underweight a fighter has come in as?

Not sure who it was but I saw a UFC LHW weigh in at 202

I've given myself " one mousasi rant" per day ( sometimes a 2nd if warranted).

My boy in open weight gave hunto a good 70- 80 pounds, clipped his ass , followed him down and arm br'd him within seconds.

mousasi bless

As far as a regulated weight class fight , hell if I know.

Edgar was always well underweight during his lightweight run.

The fight wouldn't be sanctioned if someone was under the weight limit.
That's why Hendo had to eat like a mad man before weigh-ins once when he stepped up in weight.

As long as they aren't as low as the next weight class down it's fine. Didn't Kevin Lee weigh in at 165 against RDA to prove a point or some shit?

Lyoto used to weigh in at like 199- 204 for lhw fights.

As long as they aren't as low as the next weight class down it's fine. Didn't Kevin Lee weigh in at 165 against RDA to prove a point or some shit?
No. That was Lee saying that he and RDA should agree to cut to 165 to like make their own 165 division or something. Lee was 170.2 and RDA was 170.4

Example: if a fighter weighs 159lbs for a WW fight, the fighter is still within the weight range of the WW division.

20091007113304_200910060911.JPG

CrazyDirectKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Aside from Heavyweight of course. Whats the most a fighter has come in under? I can't really recall any instances.

Also say instead of Grasso coming in over by more than three lbs, if she came in under more than three pounds would the fight still be cancelled?
in the early dayz of the UFC.

203 lb vs 240 lb (announced weight)
Sakuraba came in vs Conan Siviera

180 lb vs 260 lb (announced weight before fight)
Royce vs. Severn is a biggie.

616 lb vs 200 lb (announced weight before fight)
Emmanuel Yarborough vs Keith Hackney

Maybe your asking about modern times though... Commissions no longer allow weight gaps that large any more. I could be mistaken but I think you at least have to be heavier than the next weight class lower.

Also say instead of Grasso coming in over by more than three lbs, if she came in under more than three pounds would the fight still be cancelled?
I think it was 6 pounds wasn't it? I'm not sure of the logic, but maybe they're thinking that if the person can't be bothered to get any closer than that, then they're cheating or something is wrong with them?

It's an interesting question.

Last edited:
Example: if a fighter weighs 159lbs for a WW fight, the fighter is still within the weight range of the WW division.

Found this:

https://www.attacktheback.com/the-unified-rules-of-conduct-and-weight-classes-for-mma/

"Entities also need to disclose to the promoters which is the largest tolerable weight difference between two opponents for each weight category."

So it would be up to the promotion, some promotions may allow a Lightweight fight between fighter that's 155 and another that's 144. I think the commission would step in if they made the difference something ridiculous though.

The fight wouldn't be sanctioned if someone was under the weight limit.
That's why Hendo had to eat like a mad man before weigh-ins once when he stepped up in weight.
Not exactly true. If someone is scheduled to compete at 135 for example they could come in as low as 126 and still qualify for the weight class.

Back