Whats the most overrated TV show ever?

Definitely not Cheers. That show was awesome.

lost that show sucked hard

also

the new girl

and

orange is the new black

Big bang theory. There are clips of the show without the laugh track. It's actually funnier because it's so bad you have to laugh..

Survivor
Big brother

Happy Days
Breaking Bad
Friends
Boy Meets World
BH 90210(90's one)
Entourage

Saved by the Bell: The College Years was an earth-shattering letdown

im sure i will get flamed like i don't even know what, but im going with the sopranos here. deep serious.

honorable mentions are grey's anatomy and spongebob.

edit: didn't know true blood was rated so highly. going to sandwich that steaming pile of dung between soprano's and the honorable mentions.

The first three or four seasons of SpongeBob are great. My opinion of the show went up after watching it in high-school (it started airing when I was in elementary school). Shit is pretty hilarious. Show has a strong decline after the first couple of seasons.

This shit had me dying :icon_lol::icon_lol:
I was wondering when someone would catch on.

No, no no no, my fucking god, NO.

Not even close.

That said, I did enjoy the American one. I was expecting a car-crash of a show that didn't translate whatsoever to American humour but it was actually really good. The UK is just perhaps the best comedy show that's ever been made, IMO.
The American version smokes the British version. The British one is unwatchable.
Curb is way better than Seinfeld to me.

Seinfeld was watchable and decent enough, but it never really stood out from the crowd to me.

The one aspect of TV that the UK beats US is comedy, imo. Especially about 1995-2010.
Get outta here. British ppl aren't funny. They just arent. They think they are but they aren't.
Only thing funny is that they call gay ppl "cigarettes" or something like that.............
And their teeth.
He's trolling hardcore...

Ignoring the OP and pretending this is a legit overrated thread... You know what I hate these kinds of threads anyway. BReaking Bad, The Wire, Sopronos, Seinfeld are all overrated? Give me a break. The majority of people enjoy these shows above their all the other shows in their genre. All because you are in the minority doesn't mean their overrated..
I personally think the TS is smart and correct.

seinfeld. there, i said it.

the thing is, as an european, i am used to the narrative of the meaninglessness of everyday life and the horrendous nihilism behind every clear-headed urbanite.

maybe it hit too close to home. don't bother with the flaming. i could give two shits about that.

Maybe M*A*S*H. 100% laugh track, hardly a funny moment in the whole series.

Big Bang Theory is pure shit.

24 was garbage as well.

CSI and every single variation along with anything similar.

I like King of Queens.
Anybody else?
Might make a thread to see who does.

Definitely not Cheers. That show was awesome.

I've taken shits that were more interesting to watch than Cheers

Shelly Long had a nice ass in Night Shift, which was an underrated movie, but Cheers was just garbage.

Sopranos
Friends
Seinfeld
Entourage
Anything on CBS

I like King of Queens.
Anybody else?
Might make a thread to see who does.

Not IMO. One of the better shows of the post-Seinfeld era.

Also, when did it become hipster to hate on Seinfeld. I mean, if you're not American, I suppose; a lot of the show is driven by cultural nuances specific to the U.S. But the rest of you? Saying things like the show isn't watchable, then praising Curb? You'd have to be under 20 to hold such an opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back