Whats the most overrated TV show ever?

Lol I just knew the op was going to be about Breaking Bad. You've only seen an episode or 2? You judge a show on that? No matter if you think it's better than the Wire or not which seems to be the popular theme on this site, try again and watch from the beginning. They're a good chance you're missing out on a very good show.

If this is a troll then I bit.. damn

It takes time, I found it pretty boring until around 3rd season and onwards.

lol, Ive seen a handful of episodes or less of a show and I can then call it overrated. I also probably went into watching it with a bad attitude so I can be the cool guy who hated popular things. Yup that's Sherdog logic.

As for me I would say The Walking Dead. Its not even the best show on AMC let alone one that deserves such a rabid following. I will continue to watch and enjoy it but its painfully bad at times. Hell On Wheels > Turn >>>>>> TWD

I'll go with The Wire. It was good, maybe a 6 or 7 of 10 at best, but a lot of people actually call it the GOAT. It started off good but by the final season I was zoning out and lurking sherdog during most of the episodes. It's supposed be so great because it's sooooooo realistic, yet Jimmy McNumbnuts creates an imaginary serial killer out of thin air. Okay then.

Breaking Bad is kinda slow and somewhat boring until you get invested in the characters. But once you do it becomes an entirely different show.

add another one for breaking bad,got half way through season 3 and couldn't go on. found it boring as hell. the shield is another one,only made it half way through the first season.

people can hate on friends but actually like seinfeld

thats impressive

In the last 5 years, the only popular show I watched was Scandal and that show is definitely overrated. I only watched season 3 and the show had already jumped the shark by then. Silly, over-the-top storylines and characters yet it had ratings through the roof.

Walking Dead

I think WD is one of those shows where people mix up popularity with accolade. Everyone I know who watches the show loves it when it's good, but absolutely hates it when it's bad, which is too often. If somebody could actually do scientific measurement of it I'd guess that for it's popularity a low number of it's fans would actually be putting it in the same vein as the more highly praised television shows. I think almost everyone sees it as a guilty pleasure.

people can hate on friends but actually like seinfeld

thats impressive

Two entirely different shows. Friends was lazy writing and relied on the audience thinking they were actual "friends" with the characters. Seinfeld was the complete opposite, all the primary characters were contemptible and deliberately so, it's why the series ended with all of them in jail lol

add another one for breaking bad,got half way through season 3 and couldn't go on. found it boring as hell. the shield is another one,only made it half way through the first season.

There's one I've never seen called overrated before.

That's probably one of my top shows of all time. You have to give that series more than a few episodes to develop. It's basically one 88 episode movie that flows from start to finish, and gets better as the series goes on.

Recipe to start an overrated movie/tv show thread:

1-Find top 20 list of best rated tv shows/movies.
2-Pick one or two of these top 20 and claim said movie/tv show is overrated.
3-profit?

The original Star Trek is grossly overrated. The only decent chatacter was Spok and he was "Captain Fratboy's" assistant.

Just another a-hole troll opinion.

You do know that it aired from 66'-69'? Too bad you don't have any clue what that show did for the Sci-Fi genre.

How about "Lost in Space" or "Land of the Lost"? Come on... you can do better.

5.jpg

Big Bang Theory was the first one that came to mind.

Back