Whats the most overrated TV show ever?

The Office in America is way better than the British version

I liked both. The UK version was a lot more cutting edge though.

The American version evolved into exactly what Gervais/Merchant didn't want it to become though. Like most US sitcoms, they kept it going far far too long. In the end it was more soap opera than sitcom.

The Big Bang Theory comes to mind. People look at me like I'm insane when I say I don't like it.

First season of True Detective.

The Big Bang Theory comes to mind. People look at me like I'm insane when I say I don't like it.

same. Everyone thinks its hilarious, i don't. Also the walking dead, the first season was pretty good, but after they got to the farmhouse season it just kept getting worse

I didn't like Seinfeld either, but I love Curb. Seems like that should make me an asshole. I'm sure one day I'll give Seinfeld another chance and end up loving it

Curb is way better than Seinfeld to me.

Seinfeld was watchable and decent enough, but it never really stood out from the crowd to me.

The one aspect of TV that the UK beats US is comedy, imo. Especially about 1995-2010.

I'd have to go with Friends and to a slightly lesser extent, Seinfeld. Friends was e, IMHO, d-level slapstick, laugh-or-I'll-shoot type show. Seinfeld was just not really funny.

seinfeld. i just never got it man. people swear by it even today. thought seemed douchey when i was a kid and its still douchey now. honarable mention : CSI. fucking boring. i cant believe i complain about the walking dead sometimes, i need to remind myself that i could be watching csi

Mad Men.

That's about the only one I can think of that is universally praised, that I just never found the big deal with. It's a classy daytime soap opera. Meh.

I find what I've seen of the show "Girls" to be some of the most putrid shit I've ever seen, but I feel that show is kind polarizing across the board, so it might not count.

seinfeld. i just never got it man. people swear by it even today. thought seemed douchey when i was a kid and its still douchey now. honarable mention : CSI. fucking boring. i cant believe i complain about the walking dead sometimes, i need to remind myself that i could be watching csi

Once I got stuck out in the wilderness for like 2 weeks on a jobsite and all I had to do in my freetime was watch my buddies CSI collection. It was hell. I was seriously thinking of just blowing him instead to pass the time but he probably would've kicked my ass.

Plus I blame it for introducing the irritating use of the word "so" into the UK as in "I'm so going to do X".

agreed. the same thing happened in the states.

For me it's probably M*A*S*H.

Could never stand that show.

wow. you must be old. my dad used to love that show. i just figured i was too young to understand it. maybe i understood it, and it just sucked. cheers.

I started off liking friends when it first aired. After the first season I couldn't watch that shit...

i couldn't agree more if we were twins. i can't think of any other show off the top of my head that i did a complete 180 on.

same. Everyone thinks its hilarious, i don't. Also the walking dead, the first season was pretty good, but after they got to the farmhouse season it just kept getting worse

I like the Walking Dead better now that I don't have cable. The show was so frustrating to watch on TV with its slow pace and commercials every 5 minutes. It's better to binge watch.

-NCIX
I saw the ads marketing it as the most watched/best show of "XX", I watch a few eps, and came out disappointed. Seems like any regular detective show

-Big Bang Theory
-Any reality show

Lol I just knew the op was going to be about Breaking Bad. You've only seen an episode or 2? You judge a show on that? No matter if you think it's better than the Wire or not which seems to be the popular theme on this site, try again and watch from the beginning. They're a good chance you're missing out on a very good show.

If this is a troll then I bit.. damn

so i guess we can all agree that sex and the city is top five all time?

This shit had me dying :icon_lol::icon_lol:

He's trolling hardcore...

Ignoring the OP and pretending this is a legit overrated thread... You know what I hate these kinds of threads anyway. BReaking Bad, The Wire, Sopronos, Seinfeld are all overrated? Give me a break. The majority of people enjoy these shows above their all the other shows in their genre. All because you are in the minority doesn't mean their overrated..

I didn't like Seinfeld either, but I love Curb. Seems like that should make me an asshole. I'm sure one day I'll give Seinfeld another chance and end up loving it

I didn't get Seinfeld until I watched Curb. The humor just made sense to me afterwards.

Still like Curb more

Mad Men.

That's about the only one I can think of that is universally praised, that I just never found the big deal with. It's a classy daytime soap opera. Meh.

I find what I've seen of the show "Girls" to be some of the most putrid shit I've ever seen, but I feel that show is kind polarizing across the board, so it might not count.

Mad Men is very critically acclaimed and has a following, but at least in my neck of the woods, it's not as ridiculously overpraised as other shows with a very rabid fanbase. Look at fans of The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad. Sons of Anarchy would be another one. It's far more likely for me to see someone wearing a shirt for one of those shows than Mad Men. It almost felt as though Breaking Bad was life to some people as well as The Walking Dead.

Back