What's the most obvious fluke win in UFC history?

Wrong. People on these boards completely wrote Cain off after that quick KO. They even used Cain's one half-assed single leg attempt as proof that he can't take JDS down.
Yeah my bad did some research just now, I couldn't speak English at the time so all the media I saw was mexican and they ofc favored Cain. Biased as fuck

Matt Hughes win over Carlos Newton.

Literally got choked out and should have lost, but he unintentionally slammed Newton KOing him. Actually a true fluke win.
This is the actual answer.

Matt Serra's win over GSP. No bigger fluke win in UFC history.

HalfOptimisticGannet-size_restricted.gif

thats mma’s buster douglas

So if I KO Tyson Fury in a boxing match, because I tried to hit him, it wouldn't be a fluke?
You're definition is wrong, imo. A fluke is more about how repeatable something is
No disrespect Bro, but you KOing Tyson Fury isn’t really comparable to JDS on a 7 fight win streak KOing Cain. You’d be a fool to argue that Cain didn’t prove to be the better man in the long run, but in terms of biggest flukes in the history of the UFC it’s not top 20.

ITT: some people not knowing what "fluke" means.

Hint: it's not a fighter throwing a wild strike and it landing. Nor is it the underdog fighter on a given night winning via a technique generally seen as low-percentage. Generally speaking, if the finishing sequence is executed with intent by the winning party, it's not a fluke in my book. You don't get to write off results of fights you don't like or that make you uncomfortable by calling them a fluke (and that goes for me, too, god knows I've been tempted).

Last edited:
Pat Berry has some fluke losses.

He was literally conscious enough to forfeit... he essentially ADMITTED Serras superiority over him LOL

Bisping vs Rockhold was a Fluke.. Serra vs GSP was flat out giving up.

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif
Bisping Rockhold 1 is the fluke

Serra over GSP is the obvious one.

Also Bisping managing to win a title. It was a great moment and you had to feel good for the guy, but he would lose to Rockhold 9 times out of 10 and most of the top 10 at that time would have beaten him too.
With Rockhold's awful defense I think he gets knocked out quite a bit in that fight.

Matt Hughes win over Carlos Newton.

Literally got choked out and should have lost, but he unintentionally slammed Newton KOing him. Actually a true fluke win.

Vitor beating Randy for the belt

Those are the right answers, people winning thanks to things they didn't do on purpose. Upsets like Serra vs GSP shouldn't count, as Serra won by doing what he intended to do, even if it was unlikely to succeed.

Hall vs Mousasi
Bisping vs Rockhold
JDS vs Cain

Hamill Jones . Ik Jones got dq`d for illegal bows but Hamill still won a flukey fight

Every official loss that Chael Sonnen ever had. Man is still undefeated i don't care..

Back