What's The Longest You've Gone Without Eating?

24 hrs without eating anything. 36 hours taking tiny nibbles of stuff (like a quarter of a saltine or a half slice of a clementine) to avoid going fucking crazy.

I can see it being really easy to go way longer on stimulants. I had to take a prescription stimulant a few years ago and I had to set reminders to eat.

23 days
Only distilled water and absolutely nothing else. Not even supplements or tea. Just distilled water

Well done. Not sure how you managed while still training.

by being crazy

i also wore winter boots on a march in plus 30 celsius,my feet looked like they had flesh eating virus on them. i actually only wore winter boots during my service lmao

company commander gave me a cantine ticket for "mental fortitude"

"you are one stupid motherfucker cole train but i have to say that you got some guts"

I do intermittent fasting most of the time and usually only eat once a day. The longest I've ever gone without eating is 71 hours. Not quite 3 days, but I could have easily gone longer. I wasn't even hungry at that point (day 2 was kinda tough), but stopped to keep from going into adaptive thermogenesis.

That's the mythical "starvation mode" fat people claim you will go into when not stuffing your face with sugar every 4 hours. From everything I've read, you get there by not eating 3-5 days, which I was trying to prevent. I also didn't want to lose any muscle. Gotta keep up my Sherbro rep! Anyway, what is the longest you've gone without eating?
Intermittent fasting is the best diet ever, I've been doing it for about two months now

I started working at a grocery store a month into covid shutdowns, as my business went to shit, and I didn't want to dip into my savings any longer. Being around all that food was crazy, as like anyone, I equate grocery store with stuffing my face lol. I was learning their system, so I didn't bother taking breaks my first few shifts, and wasn't eating.

They have unlimited coffee, but there was no sugar or cream that first day, so I went black, and never went back. It felt felt empowering to ignore all the food in there. Without sugar in my coffee, it never exasperated my hunger pains like it normally does.

I was basically doing a 12 to 12 fasting thing without being aware of it. Now I do it consciously, sticking with a fairly regular 16 off, 8 on. I usually just eat one big meal like you, with maybe a little snack before/after it.

Other than cutting down sugars, mainly through black coffee, I eat whatever I want in that window. I love my carbs. I've lost about 15 pounds and counting, and never felt healthier. It's not like I'm counting calories either.

I've heard others say that they count down the hours until they can eat, so they don't like it. I usually use that time to prepare meals, and healthier ones, pretty much eliminating that fast food/right now element. Cooking meals, and freezing them, is one of my fav things to do now.

Intermittent fasting is the best diet ever, I've been doing it for about two months now

I started working at a grocery store a month into covid shutdowns, as my business went to shit, and I didn't want to dip into my savings any longer. Being around all that food was crazy, as like anyone, I equate grocery store with stuffing my face lol. I was learning their system, so I didn't bother taking breaks my first few shifts, and wasn't eating.

They have unlimited coffee, but there was no sugar or cream that first day, so I went black, and never went back. It felt felt empowering to ignore all the food in there. Without sugar in my coffee, it never exasperated my hunger pains like it normally does.

I was basically doing a 12 to 12 fasting thing without being aware of it. Now I do it consciously, sticking with a fairly regular 16 off, 8 on. I usually just eat one big meal like you, with maybe a little snack before/after it.

Other than cutting down sugars, mainly through black coffee, I eat whatever I want in that window. I love my carbs. I've lost about 15 pounds and counting, and never felt healthier. It's not like I'm counting calories either.

I've heard others say that they count down the hours until they can eat, so they don't like it. I usually use that time to prepare meals, and healthier ones, pretty much eliminating that fast food/right now element. Cooking meals, and freezing them, is one of my fav things to do now.
I stumbled into Intermittant fasting through a program called www.naturallyslim.com It's been great for me, and definitely feels the most natural for my lifestyle. What it came down to for me, is that I don't get hungry during the day and I was forcing myself to eat when my body didn't need it. Now I eat when I'm actually hungry and stop when I'm satisfied and it's been a game changer for me. It's seems obvious, but it's easier said than done. :D

not really

only retired old people eat at restaurants there

all the normal people OD on coke
Sammy Hagar has a fun restaurant there, last time I went I stayed in PH so it was handy. And Koi is flippin lovely. Shame Robert DeNiro's Ago isn't there anymore.

Vegas has lost its thrall a bit now though, enjoyed it before I moved to the US but not so much now. Never thought I'd say that, I used to love it there.

about a day and a half. it wasn't so bad because i had ate a ton of food beforehand. and i had plenty of water.

I do a week at least once a year. There are random times when I just can't think of anything I want to eat, so I don't. I hadn't eaten since Saturday night and wasn't thirsty so I didn't drink anything until Monday night when I figured I had better drink some water. Going too long without drinking can screw up the kidneys. Last night a can of peaches looked good so I had that but I'm not very excited about eating today.

48 hours on IF, only been doing it for a few months now, but just normally do a 22-2.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do

Well if you want to lose weight, which was the goal, I was supposed to eat less calories. I was pigging out and eating the amount that got me the little belly I have.

But it ain't ever going away unless I commit to some serious cardio. I work out like a demon, walk miles every day, but that only seems to impede the muscle growth I'm expecting from working out.

Nature keeps that belly as the last resort.

Probably never more than a day.

There have been times where I've only eaten minimal amounts over the course of a couple of days though.

Worst was when I went for a two-day bike ride on an impulse in my early twenties. Had never done anything like it before, and completely botched the planning. Hardly took any food with me, and the food I did take wasn't exactly nutritious or satiating.

Biked approximately 450kms over the course of two days, and only ate half a kilo of black pudding. Didn't bring much money along, so I couldn't buy anything along the way. Also took some time before I linked up with some friends of mine on day three, so they could finally feed me. By then I was so exhausted standing up was difficult. Mostly because of the bike riding, but still. I remember all I could think about for the last 12 hours or so was milk and cornflakes.

Back