What's the logic Khabib challenging 40yr old 170 GOAT GSP, but scared to fight current 170'ers?

Any person that participates in grappling arts even at high a level, or is a grappling fan knows how unique Khabib is, and how good he is at using his style of grappling in MMA.
Anyone thats participates in grappling arts understands that a 180 lb man isnt beating up an Olympic Wrestler that outweighs him by 50-70 lbs.

I'm sorry you were gullible enough to believe those fish stories.

Anyone thats participates in grappling arts understands that a 180 lb man isnt beating up an Olympic Wrestler that outweighs him by 50-70 lbs.

I'm sorry you were gullible enough to believe those fish stories.
Just like Marcelo Garcia cant beat higher weight opponents in absolute

Really? When DC openly says he struggles with Khabib?

People know Khabib is an amazing grappler, but he really is something special when it comes to MMA grappling.

What did Usman do to Woodley for 5 rounds? Just hold him and barely laid a beating.

Burns is a great Jiu Jitsu player and world champ, but I dont think he gets to utilize his BJJ that much.

Maia would be his best test, and I still think Khabib would get top position and impose the smesh
DC loves to lick the sacks of his mates..

Even when he called out GSP he insisted it wasn't at 170

By his tone and facial expressions it's almost like he is implying he thinks he wouldn't stand a chance against GSP at 170 so wouldn't want to do it. So make GSP fight at a weight he never fought before.
That's what it looks like to me.

GSP said on Bisping's podcast he wakes up around 184 lbs, Khabib is upper 180s pre-cut, so it's obvious who's ducking who. A guy like Colby, who is within 5 lbs of Khabib, is a serious threat as well at 170.

As a fan of the sport Khabib has insane grappling IQ, but GSP still has the better speed, strength, and reflexes.

If you believe the AKA circlejerk that Khabib beats Rockhold in grappling and is competitive with DC you're delusional. DC also said Cain is in amazing shape and will become world champion again too, but he looked like a shell of himself. Khabib had a hard time taking down Conor in round 1 while both guys were fresh.

Khabib is *probably* playing safe, he already clean the lightweight division so it's time to move up.

Yet he retired, probably to avoid stiffer competition.

Back