What's the level of Holly Holm wrestling?

DanDragon Machi

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Comparing with another female mma fighters? I was reviewing Holm's recent fights and she was taking her opponents down pretty easily. I don't see many women in the division imposing their wrestling so effectly like her, I wonder if her wrestling is really above the average female in UFC

Last edited:
Considering she was originally a boxer and kickboxer its pretty good. But Aldanas TDD was exposed

It's as good as most others in that division. Her TDD is good.

B grade, its good enough to help her survive not really good enough to dominate her opponent en route to a wine

Comparing with another female mma fighters? I was reviewing Holm's recent fights and she was taking her opponents down pretty easily. I don't see many women in the division imposing their wrestling so effectly like her, I wonder if her wrestling is really above the average female in UFC
You could have done a thread about ANYTHING...and you chose Holly Holm's WRESTLING?

Holly is strong as hell. She was controlling Cyborg in the clinch when they fought- if she chose wrestling instead of boxing she would be even more of a beast.

Z grade, just like this thread.

I'd rate her at about a D1 level of wrestling, meaning she can occasionally stuff some takedowns, but otherwise she is a complete turtle when taken down and goes to sleep instead of tapping.

There's going to be a lot of ish and tiny shorts jokes in here but she actually used to hurt people before ronda. She looked pretty ok on the ground. Considering she's a kick boxer she has looked ok with TDS. Idk what happened after that because she has looked terrible. Her kiai has definitely evolved though

Holly is strong as hell. She was controlling Cyborg in the clinch when they fought- if she chose wrestling instead of boxing she would be even more of a beast.

I forget who it was not I read an interview if a replacement fighter against Holm or something. She was saying how fucking crazy huge and scary she looked across the cage. She seems to have chose screaming and shadow boxing now which sucks because she's pretty ok at everything.

I forget who it was not I read an interview if a replacement fighter against Holm or something. She was saying how fucking crazy huge and scary she looked across the cage. She seems to have chose screaming and shadow boxing now which sucks because she's pretty ok at everything.
mqtUulH__uIY6xyCMfxzQaadSsqFDxFMIXRbxnFQg74.jpg

Back