Whats the hold up on the Belfort Mousasi becoming official ?

Franklin U.

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Getting a little concerned cause mmamania and I believe bloodyelbow.com were to sites to report the fight as the co main on Bisping Hendo 2 in Manchester.This was reported awhile ago but some of the main mma sites such as mmajunkie and sherdog havent even reported a "in the works for 204" update.Gegard, himself hasnt even mentioned it on twitter which is surprising due to their history.

Anybody have anything new to report ? and I hope its not because Vitor is holding things up (with his history of declining a fight with Mousasi about a half dozen times)

We know what the hold up is.

Vitor getting cold feet again.
I read somewhere that the zuffa trio are fed up with Vitor over this Mousasi thing and,in jest probably, they were going to hire black beast and 2 of his friends who are bigger than him to carry Vitor, kicking or screaming, and throw into the cage while Gegard was in it ......and lock door behind it.

The card is what ? October 4 ? ...thats like 7 weeks out so something should be 'officially' announced soon.
The swing fight for 204 has been announced ...Osp vs Manuwa , which is an awesome scrap.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vitor pisses hot again. This matchup is long over due and would have been great to see during the shortlived Affliction era
Getting a little concerned cause mmamania and I believe bloodyelbow.com were to sites to report the fight as the co main on Bisping Hendo 2 in Manchester.This was reported awhile ago but some of the main mma sites such as mmajunkie and sherdog havent even reported a "in the works for 204" update.Gegard, himself hasnt even mentioned it on twitter which is surprising due to their history.

Anybody have anything new to report ? and I hope its not because Vitor is holding things up (with his history of declining a fight with Mousasi about a half dozen times)

Vitor should be allowed to roid in UK only then will this fight be competitive.

I read somewhere that the zuffa trio are fed up with Vitor over this Mousasi thing and,in jest probably, they were going to hire black beast and 2 of his friends who are bigger than him to carry Vitor, kicking or screaming, and throw into the cage while Gegard was in it ......and lock door behind it.

The card is what ? October 4 ? ...thats like 7 weeks out so something should be 'officially' announced soon.
The swing fight for 204 has been announced ...Osp vs Manuwa , which is an awesome scrap.
Has the title fight even been announced officially ?

I wouldn't be surprised if Vitor pisses hot again. This matchup is long over due and would have been great to see during the shortlived Affliction era

I COULDNT AGREE MORE ON EVERY LETTER U JUST POSTED....
Sure, Vitor has plenty of dough so taking a lengthy suspension wouldnt even phase him(even if it meant a career ending suspension)

Has the title fight even been announced officially ?
No...when u go to rumors or fight cards, u see bisping hendo as main and some other sights have the osp Manuwa fight as the swing fight..
Ive just seen mmamania and bloodyelbow announce it unofficially.

Yea because Vitor is very scared... Fought Prime Randy, Prime Tito, Prime Chuck, Overeem, Hendo, Prime Silva, Jon fucking Jones, his first fight he fought Jon Hess who eye gauged someone and screwed up their vision, and beat him (out weighed vitor by over 100 lbs).

Was willing to fight prime fedor with 8 days notice

Yes he is really scared of mousasi, Lol! GTFO

Vitor should retire. There's no place for that old cheater in a juice-free world. He'll keep getting royally fucked up. I dont like seeing senior citizens absorb beatdowns, even if they were career-long drug cheats.

Yea because Vitor is very scared... Fought Prime Randy, Prime Tito, Prime Chuck, Overeem, Hendo, Prime Silva, Jon fucking Jones, his first fight he fought Jon Hess who eye gauged someone and screwed up their vision, and beat him (out weighed vitor by over 100 lbs).

lol this.

Delusional Mousasi fans think people are scared of him.

Yes, hes willing to fight title fights (who wouldnt) and that hat whole Fedor thing was based on nonsensecbecause EVERYONE new affliction was 100% folding and every fan and fighter in community knew fight was not going to happen.

Hell.. gave vitor an excuse though.."Hey, I wanted to fight Fedor so Mousasi could wait and im ranked ahead of him( which was wrong, Gegard was 1 or 2 notches ranked ahead of him)..

When i make these posts, Im not saying Vitor Belfort is afraid of anyone.I dont even believe that...I do believe that in fighting Gegard Mousasi, he 100% knows its a bad matchup for him and hes ranked 4th and Gegsrd and Lyoto are tied at 6th..
So ,in vitors world, its a fight that Belfort isnt jumping with enthusiasm to accept...He has alot to loose--especially if hes in the wrong end of a 15 minute beatdown or worse, an early finish.

Yeah i have the report

spAT6JP.gif

Yes, hes willing to fight title fights (who wouldnt) and that hat whole Fedor thing was based on nonsensecbecause EVERYONE new affliction was 100% folding and every fan and fighter in community knew fight was not going to happen.

Hell.. gave vitor an excuse though.."Hey, I wanted to fight Fedor so Mousasi could wait and im ranked ahead of him( which was wrong, Gegard was 1 or 2 notches ranked ahead of him)..

When i make these posts, Im not saying Vitor Belfort is afraid of anyone.I dont even believe that...I do believe that in fighting Gegard Mousasi, he 100% knows its a bad matchup for him and hes ranked 4th and Gegsrd and Lyoto are tied at 6th..
So ,in vitors world, its a fight that Belfort isnt jumping with enthusiasm to accept...He has alot to loose--especially if hes in the wrong end of a 15 minute beatdown or worse, an early finish.
and jacare wasnt a bad match up for vitor? Jacare is the worse match up for Vitor and he took that fight that wasnt a title fight...

Mousasi has a great all around game, but he is no Jacare on the ground... striking wise vitor would light him up

I'm tempted to agree, it doesn't make much sense that he would be scared to fight Mousasi and I say that as a moose fan. But what gives? This fight was supposed to happen many times over the years and Vitor is always the one that pulls out.

and jacare wasnt a bad match up for vitor? Jacare is the worse match up for Vitor and he took that fight that wasnt a title

First off, like weidman and jacare, Vitor WILL NOT LIGHT UP Gegard.Gerard stand up better than jacare and weidman.

Im confident that mousasi s chin will more than hold up vs. Vitor.....Moose and belfort will have a helluva a first round fistic war......Gegard takes him to the ground in the second and makes him pay dearly for the 5-6 declined fights on Belforts behalf..

Mousasi via prison rape tko in early second.

They are probably waiting for a big event to announce it at. Look for it at 202

Oops ...sorry my resopnse on your post...9:30 friday nigjt and im a goddam zombie
Me sorry

Back