What's the future of Trump's supporters and the Republican party?

I think this election proves that Republican Party, Trump aside, has decent future prospects. The Dems have been leaning too much on the theory that non-whites will overwhelmingly vote for the Democrats and since America is becoming less white by the year, concluded that this demographic shift is entirely in their favour. The Republicans were able to get quite solid percentages from the Latino population as a whole (level of support obviously varying from within different Latino groups, Cubans being around 65-35 for the Reps and Puerto Rican’s the inverse of this), and in particular with Latinos with higher education levels. They also did well in down-ballot elections in spite of a lot of Republicans hating Trump, which is a sign of strength.

I think they’ll definitely be pushed in a more progressive direction on some issues to maintain voter appeal though.

If Trump loses this election. The “democrats progressive experiment” will probably run its course.

Since Democrats didn't win the senate, Biden will have no choice but to go with a centrist approach. But regardless of what he does I don't see him winning over any of Trump's supporters.

Biden will do what he wants. Republicans are honorable losers with no backbone.

Both parties are split right now. I actually think the left has a larger choice to make here.

This far left or nothing matra didnt help them in the slightest this year. They lost house seats, they most likely will not get the senate majority and they nearly lost the presidency to a guy that should have been easily beatable at this point.

If they cant distance themselves from "defund the police" or the clear double standard thats being given to the BLM movement and other corrosive PC related bs then trump has a path to the white house in 2024.
The progressives were the ones who WON, LOL. EVERY Democrat up for reelection who supports M4A won. It was the centrists who lost. 87% of Democrats support M4A. Hence when Democratic candidates support it, it gives them something to vote for. It's a winning strategy.

medicare_for_all_is_a_winner.jpg

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...es-every-democrat-who-backed-medicare-all-won

We're still in November, so Trump is not "out of office". I'm pretty sure all 71 million of them will just go away once he's out of office and they'll come to their senses and agree that they're evil and don't deserve any respect or even acknowledgement as people , that urban money centers are all that matters, that pharmaceutical drugs and social media can replace dignity and self-sufficiency, that illegal immigration makes their schools and society better, and that their declining life spans and quality of life are probably just due to their white privilege. In short, they'll probably all finally just shut up and obey. Hell, they might even learn to code.

I'm struggling to understand this post. Are you saying that people voted for Trump because they wanted dignity and self sufficiency? <45>

Because they want better schools? <45>

Because they want a longer life span and better quality of life?
<Dany07>

Sorry but these Trump voters are fucked. They will get nothing as long as Republicans control the senate.

He will fade away. But it's going to take time. He happens to love the attention so he'll try to stay in the public eye for as long as possible. But since he won't be able to actually make policy or affect government directly, he won't be as influential. Remember, a lot of what kept people paying attention was that he was actually creating news as POTUS, not just commenting on it, like other social media personalities.

Still it took several years for Sarah Palin to return to irrelevancy, Trump will take longer.

I've always wondering if Trump will be the last Republican president. He was very blunt and charismatic and he got a lot of excitement from people. His 71 million votes still prove he has a following. But I can't see anyone else in the Republican party being that popular and bringing in new votes. I don't know, Republican party has a lot of work to do, though I assume Trump will try to run again in 4 years (I think that's possible).

Trump wasn't a Republican.

Trump represents the new right in America much like AOC represents the new left.

The Reps and Dems are finished imo. Biden is the death throe of the establishment.

People who hated Trump are in celebration mode right now, but six months of a Biden presidency and they will be right back in riot mode.

Question for you.... If the democrats pulled off massive fraud across multiple states to get Biden elected, why didn't they flip the senate? Also why did they fraud themselves into losing seats in the house?

Because they're as incompetent as ever, just more dishonest and corrupt now.

I'm struggling to understand this post. Are you saying that people voted for Trump because they wanted dignity and self sufficiency? <45>

Because they want better schools? <45>

Because they want a longer life span and better quality of life?
<Dany07>

Sorry but these Trump voters are fucked. They will get nothing as long as Republicans control the senate.
Yes, they want jobs, not free shit, and schools that offer education, not ones where half the kids don't speak English and focus on woke shit, English 2nd language programs, 50 administrators and declarations that math, English, tests and homework are racist. You know, the exact opposite of what democrats are offering.

[...]
Even thought trump lost the general election (and you could argue he lost due to voter fraud) he still got 72 + million ppl to vote for him. That’s the 2nd best number ever and he achieved that with lefty media and big tech working against him. So the other side did everything to smear him and he still got 72 + ppl to vote for him. You could even argue that without corona and aftermath of George Floyd incident (that was much worse due to corona) he wins this year’s election in landslide.

[...]

There is no evidence that has been made public nor has any investigation completed on that matter, so arguing for that would make you a dimwitted, window licking retard.

If Dems start running left of center candidates they will lose again.

You know all the progressive dems won their House and Senate races while all the House and Senate dems who lost their races were moderates, right?

A famous marxist-progressive intellectual here in Europe, declared that the future of all Whites would be in "secessionist enclaves".
That's the aim of the BLM supremacists and their enablers.

Because they're as incompetent as ever, just more dishonest and corrupt now.
Competent enough to orchestrate massive fraud across multiple states to get their guy elected in white house, but too incompetent to remember to vote for their guys in the senate (on the same ballots)?

The rot in the Republican party started long before Trump and the people that were all about "fiscal conservatism" and conservative principles were delusional or flat out full of shit.

Not only is the party intellectually bankrupt and has been for a long time, they are not even pretending like they have ideas. They literally exist to hold power and do so through upward redistribution of wealth and sparking culture wars. What is a new, disturbing development is the authoritarian light stuff in which you claim you were cheated when you lose, that critics are enemies of the people and your political opponents are evil. And Trump has completely swallowed up the party.

He isn't going away and still has Twitter, and will likely start a news network (or acquire one). There are reports that Jr. wants to take over the RNC. If the party actually stood for something and had a spine they could resist this, but I am afraid the party is forever Trump. And the scary thing to consider is what happens if someone as amoral, corrupt and power thirsty as Trump but has high intelligence and competence wins the presidency. A cartoonish president was able to trample over the guardrails and take over the party, imagine what a competent one could do?

Yes, they want jobs, not free shit, and schools that offer education, not ones where half the kids don't speak English and focus on woke shit, English 2nd language programs, 50 administrators and declarations that math, English, tests and homework are racist. You know, the exact opposite of what democrats are offering.

They aren't getting shit with a Republican senate. No healthcare improvements, no access to education, no stimulus. Enjoy it.

<{cruzshake}>
The time it would take me to explain all of this to you just isnt worth it
LOL. I backed up everything I said and you just shared an opinion with nothing behind it and then drop this empty post because you know it.

Not even included in that list were Democrats like Katie Porter who's in a +5 Republican district and is the first and only Democrat to ever represent her district since it was established in 1953. M4A is a certified winner. In other countries, even conservatives support it because they know it's the best system.

Now THAT is a very valid question, Mike.

I am not sure. (maybe the focus was only on keeping Trump from getting a 2nd term? who knows?)

But at the same time, I still find it hard to believe Biden got more votes than OBAMA did. It just doesn't compute.

Well anyway....if he's President, so be it. <{hughesimpress}>

At least I won't have to worry about the ACA being eliminated now (even though the only issue I had with it was that stupid mandate)...

Trump also got more votes than OBAMA did. Does that compute for you?

The rot in the Republican party started long before Trump and the people that were all about "fiscal conservatism" and conservative principles were delusional or flat out full of shit.

Not only is the party intellectually bankrupt and has been for a long time, they are not even pretending like they have ideas. They literally exist to hold power and do so through upward redistribution of wealth and sparking culture wars. What is a new, disturbing development is the authoritarian light stuff in which you claim you were cheated when you lose, that critics are enemies of the people and your political opponents are evil. And Trump has completely swallowed up the party.

He isn't going away and still has Twitter, and will likely start a news network (or acquire one). There are reports that Jr. wants to take over the RNC. If the party actually stood for something and had a spine they could resist this, but I am afraid the party is forever Trump. And the scary thing to consider is what happens if someone as amoral, corrupt and power thirsty as Trump but has high intelligence and competence wins the presidency. A cartoonish president was able to trample over the guardrails and take over the party, imagine what a competent one could do?

Sans the competence, that could be Rafael Cruz.

Obama gave us Trump so I can assure you Democrats will fuck things up again. It's designed that way.

Amazingly - Dems got blown out BIGLY already to Republicans not named Trump-- 10+ seats lost in the House & Mitch will probably keep the Senate.

GOP will win easy in 2024 with a toned-down version of populist-nationalism, minus Trump's crazy tweets and angry rants if DNC doesn't do right by people. Which they can't - their donors won't let them.

Back