What's the criteria for no longer being in your prime?

If you ask sherdog fanboys, its losing once to someone way better than you, but you're too much a fanboy to admit it.

Conor is out of his prime and/or doesn't even care or even train anymore because hes a multi billionaire playboy GOAT.

Conor is a special case. He's young enough to be in his prime, but getting a single boxing paycheck that's many multiples of what you make in MMA would probably mess up any fighter.

Fighters can still be in their "prime" even after starting to decline physically, if they can manage to improve their skills and thus keep performing well.

Conor is a special case. He's young enough to be in his prime, but getting a single boxing paycheck that's many multiples of what you make in MMA would probably mess up any fighter.
That's such dumb logic. The fact he made such a huge payday means he doesn't have to fight in MMA, he chose to do so because he wanted to and believed he was at his best and could win, otherwise why get punched/take a beating for a much smaller pay day? Conor is in his prime, and is as good as he ever has been.

The idea that he is unmotivated to fight in MMA after getting such a huge payday is completely contradicted by the fact that he got back in the cage and fucking fought. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills needing to explain this to people.

If you can't watch a fighter and notice a difference in movement, fightstyle, reflexes, strategy, chin, power, etc. There is no answer that will satiate you.

The truth is, there is no magic number of age, fights, "mileage", etc. Like all humans that have ever existed, every athlete is unique and ages differently. Some athletes hit their stride in their mid-to-late 30s and aren't done until their 40s. Some are past it in their late 20s, early 30s. Some fall off drastically and some fade slowly.

And that's not even bringing into consideration other factors like injuries and damage.

Never according to others. Lets face it, Fedor when he lost to Werdum, like Muhammad Ali when he lost to Trevor Berbick.

That's an absurd comparison. Ali was almost 40 when he fought Berbick. He was already showing clear signs of Parkinson's and had already taken a gruesome beating from Larry Holmes. Fedor was 33 when he stupidly jumped into Werdum's guard. That's not old for a HW MMA fighter and he'd taken little damage--he'd never even been KO'd.

It's stuff like this that makes Fedor fanboys look moronic and it's what turned me off Fedor.

Fighters can still be in their "prime" even after starting to decline physically, if they can manage to improve their skills and thus keep performing well.
{<huh}

That's such dumb logic. The fact he made such a huge payday means he doesn't have to fight in MMA, he chose to do so because he wanted to and believed he was at his best and could win, otherwise why get punched/take a beating for a much smaller pay day? Conor is in his prime, and is as good as he ever has been.

The idea that he is unmotivated to fight in MMA after getting such a huge payday is completely contradicted by the fact that he got back in the cage and fucking fought. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills needing to explain this to people.

So because he got back in the cage and fought means he was just as motivated and prepared as he was vs. Aldo and Eddie Alvarez? There are so many holes and bad assumptions in your argument that I don't know where to start. Go back to your day job...which hopefully doesn't require much critical thinking!

When you see a visible slowage in performance .
Reaction
Power
Ability to take shots
Constant injuries
Problems making weight

No longer headlining

Fedor in his prime can never be defeated.

That's a fun use of circular logic:
"My favorite fighter can't be beaten in his prime!"
So when did his prime end?
"When he lost."
So how do we know someone couldn't have beaten him before that?
"Because he was undefeated"

When you see a visible slowage in performance .
Reaction
Power
Ability to take shots
Constant injuries
Problems making weight

No longer headlining

The accumulation of constant nagging injuries really accelerates everything. The ability to train, the ability to keep your cardio at a high level, the ability to move the same and to keep your power. The injury rate is 100% for pro MMA fighters. Time always wins.

So because he got back in the cage and fought means he was just as motivated and prepared as he was vs. Aldo and Eddie Alvarez? There are so many holes and bad assumptions in your argument that I don't know where to start. Go back to your day job...which hopefully doesn't require much critical thinking!
Typical fangirl. Move along. Also evidenced by his surprisingly good takedown defense at the start of the fight, you can tell he put in work in the gym trying to learn how to keep khabib off of him, unless you're a fangirl like you and don't actual know anything about fighting.

Typical fangirl. Move along. Also evidenced by his surprisingly good takedown defense at the start of the fight, you can tell he put in work in the gym trying to learn how to keep khabib off of him, unless you're a fangirl like you and don't actual know anything about fighting.

Ah, straight to personal insults--the sure sign you don't have any real arguments. Yes, I'd be motivated to work super hard if I went from a $10 million per year salary to $100,000/year. Makes a lot of sense...

For the record, I think Khabib would beat any version of Conor, but it's clear his training and motivation aren't what they were 3 or 4 years ago.

When you are losing physical abilities faster than you are gaining new skills. Just because you are in your prime doesn't mean you can't lose and just because you are passed your prime doesn't mean you can't win.

Most people are passed their primes around 12 years into their pro careers.

Even if your athletic performance is not good as it used to be (like you are not as strong or as fast as you used to be) you can still get better skillwise and thus keep winning or perform better in the cage overall, is that really confusing?

There are so many holes and bad assumptions in your argument that I don't know where to start. Go back to your day job...which hopefully doesn't require much critical thinking!
Ah, straight to personal insults--the sure sign you don't have any real arguments.

nhlto.jpg

Even if your athletic performance is not good as it used to be (like you are not as strong or as fast as you used to be) you can still get better skillwise and thus keep winning or perform better in the cage overall, is that really confusing?
those people become coaches for a reason

Very rarely is your wisdom going beat physical prime

If You have competed in any sport at a high level you would understand.

This isn't chess. Or is it?

when your favorite fighter loses more than they have before.

Anderson and Werdum are good examples of what he is talking about. Guys that became more skilled mixed martial artists after their bodies started physically declining.
Peds?

Back