what's the best way to build up core strength?

it's a statement.i don't want to know why he not watching reruns.

The word "why" qualifies it as a question. You may not actually want the answer, but it's still a question. Saying it's a statement is like saying something isn't a command just cause you said please. It is what it is. You're wrong buddy. Can we drop it now?

I'm just fighting another skirmish in my lifelong war to bring a grammatical renaissance to Sherdog's S&P forum, Urban. No hard feelings, right?

Urban said:
The word "why" qualifies it as a question. You may not actually want the answer, but it's still a question. Saying it's a statement is like saying something isn't a command just cause you said please. It is what it is. You're wrong buddy. Can we drop it now?
Stuff like this is what keeps me coming back.

Urban said:

"Why" doesn't necessarily qualify it as a question, and if it does its a rhetorical question at best which means, no he doesn't want an answer.

1) Grammar "rules" are still subordinate to the context they are used in.

2) What if JACKC was from another country/has English as a second language would we berate him then? He's probably relatively young and everyone knows that schools fail miserabley in teaching/communicating what grammar is. Its just not a bunch of rules as most English teachers seem to profess.

3)People don't learn proper grammar because they don't see how it translates into power and understanding. I think alot of potential writers or even forum members let themselves be intimidated by it because they are afraid of the Grammar Crusaders going "Gotcha." That was a shot at you Hulk but i meant it with all due respect as your narrative of a strenght competiion at work was one of my favortie reads in a long time and shows your potential as a writer. JACKC's grammar says alot about him. Just what it says is subject to debate (maybe he's tired, maybe he's street, maybe he's high, maybe he just wants to communicate without being self conscious about his grammar...) but i say deconstruct it to learn more about the speaker not to "correct him."

Jackc thought that this was a thread to help someone learn about core strength,not a english exam.It didn't occur to me that to get my point across i had to be grammaticality correct.To be honest if some people would but as much effort into trying to help people as they do trying to tear them apart we would all be better off.

Now don't get defensive JackC or i'll do my rant on people who refer to themselves in the third person...
...just remember

Core strength= a stronger man .

Core strenght + grammar= a man amongst men.

pariahcarey,too you my friend i say,thank you.Regardless of the underlining goal of your post.You did make a few good points.People like the hulk ,are the reason that people don"t help other people.If you don't like the way i post then just skip to the next one.I'd like to know what kind of weight the hulk moves himself...

PariahCarey said:
Now don't get defensive JackC or i'll do my rant on people who refer to themselves in the third person...
...just remember

Core strength= a stronger man .

Core strenght + grammar= a man amongst men.
classic

Me speak bad english?

That's unpossible.

Man, I love me some grammar debates.

Let me just say this: I don't consider myself a Grammar Crusader. I don't really care if people bend the rules of punctuation and syntax or ignore some entirely. I'm not going to sit here and quibble over whether or not someone should have used a comma or a dash to set off a terminal appositive. Some of my favorite reads on this forum (namely carped33z

JACKC said:
pariahcarey,too you my friend i say,thank you.Regardless of the underlining goal of your post.You did make a few good points.People like the hulk ,are the reason that people don"t help other people.If you don't like the way i post then just skip to the next one.I'd like to know what kind of weight the hulk moves himself...

I guess you're free to conclude that I and people like me are the main obstacles to brotherly love, world peace, and folks helping other folks. I don't see how you can conclude that, but that's cool.

You can also check my log to see the kind of weight I move myself since that's immediately relevant to the conversation at hand.

Hulk,being the bigger man,i have decided to end this little war.If you plan to continue feel free.After looking into your profile i now see that your just a kid with nothing better to do.I wish you all the luck in the world on your quest to edit this site.On the other hand, i came here with one goal,and that to get information.Fighting with you is doing nothing more than slowing me down.I'm in training for a fight and on a restricted diet so maybe i'm a little moody,if so.SORRY

Not amazing,just an average guy.A guy that loves to train and trains as hard as he humanly can.You know what it really is i know your type,now i could be wrong but i'd bet that you have been training for a short time,read a few books or posts on the internet and think you got it all figured out.There just one problem you have to have the balls to get in the gym,get under the heavy weight,deadlift till your hands bleed,squat till you puke...these are things that reading books and posting on the internet will never teach you.And you type,if im correct will never understand

I like to do crunches with a swiss (exercise) ball and hold a dumbell behind my head with both hands to add resistance. Excellent core workout.

i also do swiss ball crunches with a dumbell.They do work well.

Whatever JACK. You're a fucking moron.

How many more assumptions do you have to make about me in order for you to feel better about yourself? You have to assume I don't love to train. You have to assume I don't train hard. You have to assume that I'm just a kid, that I just waste my time acting like I know a bunch of shit on the internet.

But really you don't know the first thing about me.

I don't even know why you're back in this thread. I've been through actually addressing you for days. Some of us were having a real discussion about whether or not I was justified in bitching over your grammar, but that doesn't even concern you directly. I understand it's probably hard for you to follow conversations, especially written ones, but quit using that as an excuse to act like a dick. Pariah wasn't coming to your rescue, and NO ONE was actually talking about working out so I don't know how you've concluded that I act like I've got everything in the weightroom "figured out." Just spare me all that fucking womanly drama about how hard you work out--talk is cheap--and spare me all your half-assed, baseless attacks on my training intensity. Seriously.

it's will always amaze me how tough people are behind computers!!!

Back