Whats the best path for novices

I posted a very reasonable strength and conditioning for MMA program that is now in the stickies. I would hope that it is worth a look.

I posted a very reasonable strength and conditioning for MMA program that is now in the stickies. I would hope that it is worth a look.

Wait, what? I am drunk, but I don't see anything in the stickies.

To TS, if you're a complete novice, starting strength is great, especially if you get the book/DVDs to help perfect your form.

Wait, what? I am drunk, but I don't see anything in the stickies.

To TS, if you're a complete novice, starting strength is great, especially if you get the book/DVDs to help perfect your form.

Glenn posted it in another thread, and Miaou posted it in the FAQ thread for posterity. I.e. it's not in the first post, but near the end of all the post in the FAQ thread.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/strength-power-faq-read-436935/index19.html

The benefit with starting strength is it's set-up to take advantage of newb gains, give lots of practice with key lifts, and there's a wealth of information on how to follow it correctly. But it's by no means the only way to go, and it's not as if it doesn't have weaknesses as well as strengths (as do all routines).

Glenn posted it in another thread, and Miaou posted it in the FAQ thread for posterity. I.e. it's not in the first post, but near the end of all the post in the FAQ thread.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/strength-power-faq-read-436935/index19.html

The benefit with starting strength is it's set-up to take advantage of newb gains, give lots of practice with key lifts, and there's a wealth of information on how to follow it correctly. But it's by no means the only way to go, and it's not as if it doesn't have weaknesses as well as strengths (as do all routines).

Ah, that does look like a solid program with the normal barbell lifts with some GPP (not exactly, but you know what I mean :)) added onto it that someone lifting for MMA might be interested in. Thanks for linking that, I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Back