What's the best one sided beatdown in MMA history

We're at a point where there are too many.
I mean, if I were to put pen to paper and try to rank- wouldn't know where to start

If you look at full five or three round fights it’s different than a quick one or two round beatdown.

GSP vs Fitch was prolonged and decisive.

Agreed. That and the Cain/JDS were the first two I thought of but both have been mentioned.

Several of the old GSP fights fall into this category though. His fights against Penn (second one), Hardy and Alves fall under that heading. They could do nothing to GSP and he controlled and pummeled them for an extended period. I'd give it to the Cain/JDS fight because GSP was known for controlling and not finishing, Cain beat the absolute stuffing out of JDS with heavyweight power.

Now, since the OP said MMA history and not UFC, you have to mention some Pride fights. Wandy vs Sakuraba comes to mind.

Bro, Cain vs Bigfoot
Stipes Hunt
Freakin’ Stipes vs Maldonado
BJ Stevenson
BJ Sanch
TJ Grant beat the shit out of Wiman and Maynard

Pride:
Sergei vs Rizzo and Sergei vs Ninja
Sergei vs Aleks
Arona vs Sakuraba
Enson vs Igor
Great lists

POWERFUL TjGrant

RDA vs Pettis comes to mind

I didn't like it because ken was my boy but Tito/Ken Shamrock (any of them really) were one of the first major one sided, prolonged one sided beatings I remember

1272289.gif
8699yjk.gif

fedor_angry.gif
tumblr_mc65ynEoZi1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_003.gif
23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_001.gif
1znml4y.gif

giphy.gif

Take a stab at your top three
For starters jds-cain 2 automatically come to mind. I'd have to think of 25 minute [or 15 minue] thrashings where I, lol, found myself saying " I think someone ought to stop this". There have been quite a few.
Franklin Loiseau another one where it was so bad that the winner had problems with both his hands for rest of career.
Again- so many.

Ya stole my picks ....Lesnar vs Mir 2 was fairly one sided

If you look at full five or three round fights it’s different than a quick one or two round beatdown.

GSP vs Fitch was prolonged and decisive.

Or as Joe Rogan put it during the broadcast: "it looks like target practice."

At the time that was probably the best pressure fighting performance I'd ever seen. Just perfection

That was for sure one of the best performances of all time, Pettis had absolutely nothing for RDA, RDA was a savage

Back