Whats the best match up this weekend?

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
For someone that is interested in a high level and competitive MMA fight which fight this weekend do you think would be the one not to miss?

I think Maia vs Magny or Shields vs Palhares and I would lean towards Shields vs Palhares.

You're probably going to be right, due to the High Level qualifier.

The other match ups might just deliver too. Bigfoot vs Hulk sounds like a Comic Fanatic's dream come true, albeit at a real-world scale. Struve vs Big Nog is a battle of chins, and if Stefan is stupid, jitz. Shogun vs Lil Nog rematch will hopefully not be sad, and I don't think it will.

I think there's Alcantra lovers on this site too.

none of them, thank god I actually have something to do this weekend

Shogun vs. Diet Nog has the potential to be a great fight. Just depends on if they show their ages/mileages

Shields bjj is always a thing of beauty. He is facing a broken leg if he leaves an eyelash of an opening for that monster. Should be a fun fight.

Agree on Shields vs Palhares. I usually order every UFC PPV but I'll be skipping this one. Hardly any relevance whatsoever

none of them, thank god I actually have something to do this weekend

My+grandma+s+cool+story+bro_e03cbf_3997646.png

The Shields fight is up there.
But I go with the Ronda fight.

Also, Aguilar vs Gadelha...

Gadelha gave Joanna a damn good fight, was a split decision (Title Eliminator fight).
Aguilar is arguably the #1 WSTW.

The Shields fight is up there.
But I go with the Ronda fight.

Also, Aguilar vs Gadelha...

Gadelha gave Joanna a damn good fight, was a split decision (Title Eliminator fight).
Aguilar is arguably the #1 WSTW.
You really think the RRR fight will be competitive? Are you Brazilian?

You really think the RRR fight will be competitive? Are you Brazilian?
Well, when the question is saddled with: the one not to miss?
It's colors thing towards the Ronda fight.

I've been looking forward to Shields vs Palhares for a long time. But ya cant miss a Ronda fight.

Shields/Palhares. Shields can't blow out Palhares with strikes so they'll most likely grapple at some point and Shields is extremely high level. So it should be an interesting match.

On the UFC card, Gadelha vs Aguilar. I thought Gadelha beat JJ and Aguilar was/is the #1 105'er.

On the UFC card, Gadelha vs Aguilar. I thought Gadelha beat JJ and Aguilar was/is the #1 105'er.

Even if you think Gadelha won that fight, she hasn't fought since, and Joanna has finished two Top 3 opponents since then, so she's still the #1 WSW.

Even if you think Gadelha won that fight, she hasn't fought since, and Joanna has finished two Top 3 opponents since then, so she's still the #1 WSW.

Aguilar was/is #1. Read again. I explained why it's a high level, competitive matchup, the point of this thread.

Shogun nog...but it's not compelling enough by itself to warrant my spending money

I think there's a lot of evenly matched fights on despite them being late to the dance.

Ronda doesn't count.

Back