What's the absolute worst way of losing a fight?

Getting kicked in the junk and being unable to continue, thus winning via DQ.
Fighters, promoters, fans...no winner in that scenario.

Losing by fatigue is the absolute worst way to go for a fighter.

When you lose to KO or sub you've lost to your opponent. When your cardio fails you've lost to yourself and it absolutely blows.

Nothing kills your pride like gassing out and losing to someone you've been beating up until that point. Hendo almost got a sample of that vs. Shogun. He lucked out and got the decision, but that had to SUCK. Just laying there helpless while someone guy slaps your around for an entire round.

Depends what you mean by worst.

I think it would suck pretty bad to lose a decision if you thought you had won.

But IMO it is most humiliating to get choked unconscious.

34y4kmd.jpg

Anderson vs Weidman. Love Andy but that was hard to stomach even from a viewers perspective.

alves losing to kampman was really bad. i bet alves couldnt stop thinking about that for a kong time..

ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

I can't think of a worse way to loose.

If I were Robbie Lawler, getting clowned and KO'd by Nick Diaz wouldn't sit well with me for a long, long time.

I'd rather have diaz knock me out with a jab than pull what nick serra did against matt makowski
monkey2.jpg

Official Result from Fight Finder: DQ (Wouldn't Get Up From Butt Scoot)

The way Ken-Flo lost to BJ. Domination for a number of rounds, getting decked and consequently choked out.

Rocked standing, taken down, then submitted.

Why? Because your opponent bested you in all three facets of the sport.

Always going to be a KO. It just sucks getting KTFO in front of your friends and family. Must be really embarrassing. In post fight interviews you may hear a fighter say I got submitted but they never say I got KO'd, they always say I lost.

Unless of course you get DQ'd for an illegal move that killed the dude. WOW that would suck dick.

Gassed, helpless under a guy raining punches and elbows on your faces must suck.

4.gif

or the brutal 20 first second ko

1629zb4.jpg

KO163.gif

Last edited:
Quiting between rounds, no question. Shows lack of heart, and is the ultimate humiliation.

Back