What's some good examples of styles make fights MMA math within a reasonable time frame?

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Often times, MMA Math can contradict itself just based on fighters declining and losing to someone they normally wouldn't have or not being in their prime yet. What are some examples of contradictions based on styles that happened within a short time frame?

Lyoto<Rampage<Rashad<Lyoto sticks out to me, although Lyoto did come away against Rampage seeming like the better fighter.

Leben<Bisping<Wand<Leben was another. Wand stayed patient striking with a pillow-fisted opponent and brawled with a brawler.

Woodley lost to Rory, but beat every single fighter who beat Rory

Chuck's hands couldn't crack Rampage's chin. Rampage's chin was cracked by Wanderlei's knees. Wanderlei's short arms and looping punches got him cracked by Chuck's hands.

Holm < Tate < Rousey < Holm

yes yes ...

Ronda's bad knees stopped her from taking Holm down, Holm's lack of ground skill got her taken down by Tate, Tate's lack of sub skill got her tapped out by Ronda once they went to the ground.

Chuck's hands couldn't crack Rampage's chin. Rampage's chin was cracked by Wanderlei's knees. Wanderlei's short arms and looping punches got him cracked by Chuck's hands.

In a way though, doesn't the time frame eliminate this one? Rampage beat Wand too close to the time Chuck and Wand fought.

Swangin & Bangin is a style of sorts.....

Poirier > Gaethje > Johnson > Poirier
or
Silva > Le > Franklin > Silva

In a way though, doesn't the time frame eliminate this one? Rampage beat Wand too close to the time Chuck and Wand fought.
I was thinking of Wanderlei beating Rampage twice, Rampage beating Chuck twice and then Chuck beating Wanderlei.

I was thinking of Wanderlei beating Rampage twice, Rampage beating Chuck twice and then Chuck beating Wanderlei.

Yeah, but it seems we never got prime Wand vs prime Chuck. The Wand that lost to Chuck also lost to Rampage two fights later.

It remind me of one though within a close time frame: Liddell<Jardine<Wand<Liddell.

Also, Forrest<Jardine<Rampage<Forrest

Jones<Hammil<Rampage/Gustafsson<Jones

We were pretty close to having Sonnen < Maia < Silva < Sonnen in just like 18 months.

Back