What's Really at Stake in the PA Lawsuit (Hint: It's not the 2020 Presidential Election)

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The results of the 2020 Trump v. Biden election are almost certainly not going to be overturned... even if the case goes to the conservative super-majority Supreme Court. The main reason is simple: none of the cases involve enough votes to actually change results.

But that's not really the big prize at stake.

What Republicans are seeking is the ability to divorce election laws from the complete legislative process and put them SOLELY in the hands of state Congresses (not governors, not state Supreme Courts). State Congresses, due to Project Red Map gerrymandering ~2010, skew heavily in favor of Republicans in nearly every swing state.

So, this is about Republicans ability to close polling places in Democratic districts, pass more burdensome voter ID laws, and make it harder to vote by mail (while, of course, continuing the assault on the postal service).

This video does a good job of explaining it. (Yes, it's Vox, but it won'd kill you or turn you teh ghey Conservatives, don't worry.)

And dems want to abolish the electoral college so a Republican never gets elected again.

Pot, meet kettle.

Also the election could still be overturned

Interesting if true.

We live in odd times if the "states' rights" party wants the federal government in charge of local elections.

Also the election could still be overturned
How? So far none of the lawsuits involve enough votes to make a difference in any state's results. 3,000 votes in Nevada, 53 votes in Georgia, a bunch of ballots that Biden doesn't need in PA... so far there literally hasn't been a case made that would change the results of the election, even if it succeeded.

How? So far none of the lawsuits involve enough votes to make a difference in any state's results. 3,000 votes in Nevada, 53 votes in Georgia, a bunch of ballots that Biden doesn't need in PA... so far there literally hasn't been a case made that would change the results of the election, even if it succeeded.

I wouldn't bet on it though.

But, its 2020 so nothing surprises me

I like the concession that Republicans can't win the popular vote lol
They cant, Im not denying that and never have. But that doesn't matter; we have an electoral college for a reason. If the tables were turned, hypothetically, dems would be preaching about the importance of the electoral college.

Also IDK why anyone would want a 1-party system, when its pretty bipartisan to agree that the 2-party system sucks.
I dont want to live in a world where only Republicans dominate either.

They cant, Im not denying that and never have. But that doesnt matter. We have an electoral college for a reason. If the tables were turned, hypothetical, dems would be preaching about the importance of the electoral college.

Also IDK why anyone would want a 1-party system, when its pretty bipartisan to agree that the 2-party system sucks.
I dont want to live in a world where only Republicans dominate either.
completely agree. America works best when both parties have a little bit of power. Usually the best answer is between what the two extremes want. I actually think it's good when the dems create laws and Republicans check them.

Yes, dem breed like rats, then want everyone else to pay for it.
Completely dehumanizing 50% of the country. Nice.

Now quick, tell me again how the liberals are responsible for all the divisiveness because they want transgendered people to be able to go to the bathroom.

There needs to be at least 4 parties at every debate.

If it ends up to be Pence (or even more establishment) vs Kamala elections, I’ll literally stop voting.

Spence with his “I’m going to not answer the questions but go over time talking about the all important bs we do over in the Middle East GARBAGE gop bs, and Kamala with her... Souless talking point occasional appeal to minority nothingness.

These aren’t real people. The job becomes the persona, and the job is serve those with big money that run shit.

I’m getting tired of it.

Now quick, tell me again how the liberals are responsible for all the divisiveness because they want transgendered people to be able to go to the bathroom.
5% of Trump voters are in the dehumanizing the other side game, with probably more than 40% of the other side pretending “Trumpers” fit into some stereotype.

I'm cool with Transgenders pissing in a stall. Just don't take any more of my money.

Aren’t they suppose to be in charge in 1st place and democrats, like always, said screw that and got what they want through activist judges?

now what’s funny even if biden won the state and got all the electorates could still be given to trump

The results of the 2020 Trump v. Biden election are almost certainly not going to be overturned... even if the case goes to the conservative super-majority Supreme Court. The main reason is simple: none of the cases involve enough votes to actually change results.

But that's not really the big prize at stake.

What Republicans are seeking is the ability to divorce election laws from the complete legislative process and put them SOLELY in the hands of state Congresses (not governors, not state Supreme Courts). State Congresses, due to Project Red Map gerrymandering ~2010, skew heavily in favor of Republicans in nearly every swing state.

So, this is about Republicans ability to close polling places in Democratic districts, pass more burdensome voter ID laws, and make it harder to vote by mail (while, of course, continuing the assault on the postal service).

This video does a good job of explaining it. (Yes, it's Vox, but it won'd kill you or turn you teh ghey Conservatives, don't worry.)

every black person I have met (which is more than you) has ID. Every single one without exception. So they need to cut the shit of demanding to prove who you are to vote is some burden. It is being responsible.
You can't get a fucking ID then you shouldn't be voting.

Back