Whats next for Renan Barao

Zayne11293

Orange Belt
Reaction score
First off congrats to TJ, myself and many others have him no chance in this one and he dominated Renan. That being said, whats next for Renan? Anyone else think that his massive weight cut might finally be getting to him? And if so is it time for him to move up? I know he's always said he won't because of Aldo but if the weight cut is getting hard maybe it's time to say screw it and do it anyway for his own well being. If not moving up then who should he fight next at BW?

Ive had 100% enough of this no fighting team mates BS. The fans dont give a fuck about that. The UFC need to sort there contracts out or financially motivate these fighters to fight each other.

DC should have fought Cain
Dillashaw should be fighting Faber if it comes to it etc.

baraobrasileiro.jpg

I would say Wineland rematch, but he's gonna be out for quite a while due to a broken jaw. McDonald also has an injury of some sort, I think. Another good fight would be Cruz, but who knows when he'll be back.

I'd say a fight with Assuncao for the next title shot.

Takeya Mizugaki or Francisco Rivera

I think they should just let him work his way up the Alpha Male totem pole on his way back up

Cruz for #1 contender spot. Let Raphael Assuncao fight for the title.

Renan should start near the bottom of the Top 10 and try to lock up 2 wins before trying to get another title shot. It would better for his career overall.

I'd say a fight with Assuncao for the next title shot.

Who is Dillashaw suppose to fight then? I feel like Dana was hinting at Assuncao getting the next shot because of his split decision win over Dillashaw.

To be honest.. I wouldn't mind seeing Barao getting an immediate rematch the guy has been undefeated since 2005 and plus I believe he would do much better.

Back