What's Next For Nate if he beats Conor Again?

Sebastian Alvarez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Simple question. What do you think is next for Diaz assuming he gets it done at 202? Lightweight title shot against Eddie?

Does beating a top 10 P4P fighter give him enough confidence to stick around at 170?

Other big money fights?

PS: recently wrote what you could call a 'McGregor vs. Diaz 2 For Dummies'. Might be a bit simple for you guys, but there is a poll at the bottom I would love for you to vote in.

Thanks!

http://www.realmenreport.com/2016/08/conor-mcgregor-vs-nate-diaz-pre-fight.html

Title eliminator with ferguson while Eddie fights Khabib.

Not that he deserves it but I feel quite confident he's getting a shot at the 155 pound belt. I think he should have to go down to 155 and beat 1 more guy and then he may be deserving of a title shot.

I think whoever wins gets a shot at Alvarez which is kinda BS either way...

He will lose. END OF DISCUSSION

Fights Khabib and gets subed in round 1 and goes back to being a journeyman that is fun to watch but not really any contender.

An extended, uninterupted vacation in cabo.

Diaz wins, he gets Ferguson at 155 for next title shot, or stays at 170 and fights Condit.. Conor loses he fights Barboza at 155 or defends his belt at 145, and if for some reason he stays at 170, he fights Cerrone. If Conor wins, he fights for 155 title next or defends the 145 belt, or stays at 170 and fights Lawler.. Diaz loses he fights Brooks or Chisea at 155, or stays at 170 and fights Masvidal.

I do think at 145, Conor loses that belt in a rematch with Aldo, rematch with Mendes (if that mess gets cleared up), rematch with Holloway, and loses to Yair, Mr Korea, and am curious to see him against Caceres and Pettis. If Lance ever comes over, Nate has said directly after the first Conor fight, that Palmer hits harder then Conor, when sparring.. So curious to see how Palmer would do against Conor too.

He could speak at Conors eulogy?

"We are gathered here today for someone that talked too much shit or whatever. He wasn't efficient with this energy and some shit. I'm still not surprised, motherfuckers. 209 WHAT?!"

Diaz then pulls out a fat stack of hundreds, makes it rain for about 5 seconds on the casket, drops mic, flexes, Stockton slaps Conor's mom, and c-walks off into the sunset, sparking up the blunt that was behind his ear the whole time. All while meanmuggin'.....motherfuckers.

Last edited:
If Khabib or Nate doesn't get the Alvarez fight then Nate vs Khabib is the fight to make.

In my opinion he's no better off than he is now or was a year ago. He's still gotta beat a top 5 WW or a top 5 LW to get a shot.

Smoke a lot of weed first, he deserves it.

After that I think he'd be smarter to stick at LW. I think the stronger top guys at WW will be too strong and have power in their strikes that Nate wont be able to deal with

Simple question. What do you think is next for Diaz assuming he gets it done at 202? Lightweight title shot against Eddie?

Does beating a top 10 P4P fighter give him enough confidence to stick around at 170?

Other big money fights?

PS: recently wrote what you could call a 'McGregor vs. Diaz 2 For Dummies'. Might be a bit simple for you guys, but there is a poll at the bottom I would love for you to vote in.

Thanks!

http://www.realmenreport.com/2016/08/conor-mcgregor-vs-nate-diaz-pre-fight.html

Nate left 170 because he's not big enough to hang with the top dogs at WW. This is not to take anything away from him as a fighter but beating a natural LW in Conor doesn't warrant him staying in a WW division where he'll never be more than an exciting fighter to watch. I have a hard time seeing Nate as even a gatekeeper at WW right now, and Nick considering returning to fight puts Nate back at LW, where he belongs anyways.

Nate's next fight will be the title shot against Alvarez, especially if he shuts Conor down again. If the UFC wanted to give the title shot to Khabib, they would've done so already. Khabib comes with too much uncertainty if he'll even make to fight night healthy, and frankly... he hasn't really earned it yet.

He should cut to 145 and beat Conor there for the belt. Otherwise he might get a shot at Eddie. Not sure he wants the drama that comes with the belt though, but what other money fights are out there?

Back