What's Next For Francisco Trinaldo?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Following last night's TKO win over previously undefeated TUF Nations winner Chad Laprise, Francisco Trinaldo is now on a 4 fight win streak in the LW division. Crazy to think the guy fought at MW on TUF Brazil. Anyways, following an impressive win over Chad Laprise, Trinaldo is likely going to see a step up next maybe even a shot at a top 15 opponent. Who would you guys like to see him up against?

I'd like to see Trinaldo up against either Al Iaquinta, Lauzon/Dunham winner, Jim Miller, or Bobby Green. What do you guys think?

He will eventually fight a higher level fighter and lose, thats his future, yet I like him

Give him a fringe Top 15/10 guy and see what he's got. Impressive performance last night.

Makdessi or Miller would be fun

1st things 1st a birthday party w/cake, presents & and hopefully some bday sex haha. Then after that maybe someone like Krause, Castillo deff someone just outside the top 15

Trinaldo is one of those guys that always falls off the radar for me. I'm finding it hard to believe he's already had 11 fights in the UFC. Sherdog main page mentioned Jim Miller. I would like to see him against Andrew Holbrook or even a step up to the likes of Dariush.

He's been fighting well and looked very good last night. Hope to see him step up in competition soon.

I have never been a big fan of his, but props to him for his victory in Canada. It is now or never for him as he turned 37 today. Don't think the UFC has big plans for him, as he did not get publicly rewarded for winning a fight the UFC made for him to lose.

It will be interesting to see how the UFC books him for his next fight. He just needs to go out there and keep taking care of business. Bouts with James Krause, Jim Miller, Matt Wiman make sense.

The LW division has the most fighters and the most good fighters. I'm sure there's 15 good match ups that make sense for him. Off the top of my head I'd throw out Gleison Tibau but I'm not sure if he's got a fight.

The LW division has the most fighters and the most good fighters. I'm sure there's 15 good match ups that make sense for him. Off the top of my head I'd throw out Gleison Tibau but I'm not sure if he's got a fight.

He's got a loss to Tibau early on in his UFC career but I give him a much better chance now. The winner of Tibau/Trujillo wouldn't be a bad option.

They fought a couple of years ago at UFC 153 with Tibau taking a decision.

Tibau is also facing Abel Trujillo at the Sao Paulo FN event in November.

They fought a couple of years ago at UFC 153 with Tibau taking a decision.

Tibau is also facing Abel Trujillo at the Sao Paulo FN event in November.

Most see Tibau subbing or decisioning Trujillo but I think he's going to get knocked out. If that happens, I wouldn't mind Trinaldo vs. Trujillo although Trinaldo probably deserves a better fight.

He's got a loss to Tibau early on in his UFC career but I give him a much better chance now. The winner of Tibau/Trujillo wouldn't be a bad option.

Damn man, I try to keep up with the UFC but it's just so hard these days. Too many damn cards and I can't afford the PPVs. I still tend to watch the big fights the next day and order the occasional ppv but I can't follow it the way I want to.

He almost Smashed the Octagoon last night.

Yeah Lauzon/Dunham sounds perfect. I mean, it's LW, who cares lol. Every potential matchup is awesome.

I love watching Trinaldo fight. He is someone I've always been a fan of despite his obvious limitations. Personally I think Matt Wiman would be an interesting opponent for Trinaldo. If not Wiman I'd also be interested in someone like Jim Miller, Joe Lauzon or even a solid test for James Vick.

Back