What's next for Francis Ngannou?

LOL at using "back in the day" when refering to something that was 1 year ago.

I checked his fight history. Old Junior's last fight was December 2014, against Stipe.

I checked his fight history. Old Junior's last fight was December 2014, against Stipe.
But you were talking about the fight vs Ngannou which was supposed to happen a year ago.

But you were talking about the fight vs Ngannou which was supposed to happen a year ago.

Yeah, but I wanted to say that their fight would have been awesome when Junior (and Francis, I guess) had his killer instinct intact.

Imagine a fight between Junior that fought Carwin/Yvel and Ngannou at the beginning of his UFC venture.

Yeah, but I wanted to say that their fight would have been awesome when Junior (and Francis, I guess) had his killer instinct intact.

Imagine a fight between Junior that fought Carwin/Yvel and Ngannou at the beginning of his UFC venture.
It would have been nice. It's kind of disappointing what the Stipe fight did to Ngannou mentally.

Hopefully he gets his shit together and we can see the same guy that finished Arlovski and Overeem.

It would have been nice. It's kind of disappointing what the Stipe fight did to Ngannou mentally.

Hopefully he gets his shit together and we can see the same guy that finished Arlovski and Overeem.

True, true.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 4.16.39 PM.png
I don't want to break my hand patting myself on the ass but...

View attachment 422095
He obviously came out of his last fight with little to no damage. Derrick Lewis is already matched up with Alexander Volkov for UFC 229. Which begs the question, what's next for Francis?

I think Stipe turns down the fight with Curtis Blaydes, which would open up a rematch between Blaydes/Ngannou.

Dream Scenario: Ngannou v. Cain

View attachment 422095
He obviously came out of his last fight with little to no damage. Derrick Lewis is already matched up with Alexander Volkov for UFC 229. Which begs the question, what's next for Francis?

I think Stipe turns down the fight with Curtis Blaydes, which would open up a rematch between Blaydes/Ngannou.

Dream Scenario: Ngannou v. Cain
We shall see. Because of all he achieved leading to his pinnacle of fighting for the championship, he can't be crumpled up and thrown into the trash just yet. The Black Beast fight was not necessarily a sign that Ngannou is done for, because Derrick looked as bad as Ngannou. Ngannou was never really pressed to take action. When you are being assaulted you gotta do something, and Black Beast decided to take a walk in the daisies rather than fight, I'm sure partly because of or entirely because of his back problem. If Ngannou does end up fighting Blaydes and Blaydes really takes it to him, we'll see what Francis is made of at this juncture of his career.

Back