What's next for Dominick Reyes?

Rematch Jon Jones to gauge where Bones is now

Reyes has taken a concerning amount of brain damage in his last three fights, what he does next is his choice but I would heavily consider a different career so he doesn't become a vege in his old age.

I think he used to work as a computer programmer of some kind, I think he'll get one more fight in the UFC and if he loses he should consider going back to that imo.

I mean, dude is about 33 yo, has only 16 fights, half of which didn't even last 3 minutes.

So it's not exactly time to retire normally, however, his last 3 fights have been brutal indeed.

He definitely needs to make some changes, if he comes again throwing awful, naked kicks and leading face first into the punches, it will get ugly.

He was to aggressive in this fight. I would not be so quick to right him off. People are too quick to compare him to the likes of Gus who are 100% completely shot.

Honestly, I think he should retire.

Nice guy, but he doesn't have the chin or skills (anywhere) to stand out and be Champion.
Agree across the board. Wasn’t ever a fan, but got to meet him at Fight Week this year and he was super nice.

That said, I think he’s peaked and not ever going to be near the top again. His near-defeat of Jon Jones was less a product of Reyes being champion material, and more a result of Jones being unmotivated and checked-out.

Someone like Philipe Lins I reckon. If he can't beat fucking Lins he needs to retire.

It's amazing how fast 1 can fall in MMA. If Reyes got the nod over Jones, he would forever be immortalized as the 1st guy to "truly" beat Jones (Hamill fight doesn't count). He would've also been a champ, even if he lost it in his 1st title defence. Yet instead, his career has completely gone off the rails to where everyone thinks he should retire. I'm pretty objective, I think Jones absolutely did beat Gus & Santos, but almost everyone agrees Reyes did beat him. Shame

There's a picture of him standing next to AP and he looks tiny.

Next to a MW.

While he fights at LHW.

Not good.

He needs a decent amount of time off. Recover and retool, see how much desire he has left.

Ryan Spann WAS a step down and it was way too much for Reyes.

He looked like pure dogshit in his last fight:
-naked kicks
-circling to the same side
-looked a tad gassed
-chicken legs after every shot
-blitzed in with his chin in the air

Last edited:
Unfortunately we're in a sport where fighting in a cage vs the very best spits out a myriad of flashes in the pan.

Reyes is one in an ocean. Damage is real- especially getting knocked out . This is now a financial avenue for Reyes and I'm glad he does have some allegiance of fans.
Having him move up is not going to magically give him a dub.

Being a gatekeeper. That's making the generous assumption this last fight was a fluke and Reyes beats Spann 9/10 times. Reyes was the most promising LHW prospect during a dark age for the division. The division has dramatically improved. His moment has passed. Much like Volkan but I personally like your Volkans and Krylovs a lot more against the best LHW's than Reyes(again even before the Spann fight).

Back