What's next for Cruz?

YoudBeSurprised

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Cruz is in a really weird spot right now because he could get a rematch with how the UFC has been operating. I think TJ gets the next shot just for the bad blood between him and Cody. If Cruz doesnt get the shot who would you like to see him fight?

He should really learn some dance moves. Cody totally out danced him

The TJ vs Cody fight would be huge. Dom isn't getting it next, and he'll probably take a small break. It probably feels good to not have the belt, almost like a relief.
anxiety-relief.jpg

Assuncao or Dodson

Regardless whoever he fights he needs to lose the beard. I still believe that's why he lost.

Some time off to regroup
Rematch Cody
He will learn from this, first time being schooled up on the feet.

Then maybe retire

I'm guessing a sweet seat in the booth for Cody vs TJ.
It's good to be Dominick Cruz.

He got his arse kicked

He drops down and needs to rebuild, needs to knock off one or two contenders before he gets a title shot

he could hang'em up you know. he seems pretty banged by now. based off of last fight, he can't beat cody and it's likely TJ gives him hell this time around. I would like to see him fight thomas almeida in Brazil, that would be a fantastic main event for a brazilian card.

Because the fight was fairly close, I think Cruz gets the rematch and takes the title back from Canbrandt.

take a month or 2 off to heal his face and take on anyone in the top 5

Probably a bit of a break. Let's not forget he was on top of his division for years. He's a smart guy. IMO he sits out working and improving his shit and gets the winner of TJ vs Cody.

Back